Agrible is a team of agronomic experts, world-class scientists, and growers working to provide whole-acre sustainable solutions to meet our customers’ needs. Agrible provides real-time agronomic information and sustainable solutions through long-term, scalable sustainability programs for growers, ag retailers, and consumer packaged goods companies (CPGs) to take action. Whether that’s improving field-work or providing premium ingredients to their customers, it all starts at the field level.
Bill Northcott, a University of Illinois Ph.D. alumni, founded Agrible in 2012.
EnterpriseWorks Tenure: 2014-2015
News & Milestones
- Agrible, Inc. Announces $4.1 Million in Series A Funding Led by Serra Ventures
- The News-Gazette Features Agrible’s Paul Miller
- Agrible, Inc. Celebrates Grand Opening of New Headquarters in the Research Park at the University of Illinois
- Four CU Companies Named Among Ten Startups to Watch Outside of Chicago
- Agrible’s Sustainability Efforts Praised in ChicagoInno Article
- Agrible and Granular Acknowledged on THRIVE 50
- Agrible’s Michael Hirschi Awarded Highest Honor by ASABE
- EnterpriseWorks Startups Changing the World of Agricultural Technology
- Agrible Co-founder Paul Miller is a finalist for the Technologist of the Year Award
- Agrible Raises $9.7m of $15.7m for Series B Funding
- AB InBev and Agrible Announce Global Partnership
- Anheuser-Busch and Agrible Relationship Improves Barley Production with Big Data
- Agrible and IntelinAir Named in the Most Prominent Remote Sensing Companies
- Wired In: Brent Trenhaile of Agrible
- Agrible to Launch Retailer Services in 2018
- Agrible Recognized on the Thrive Top 50 List
- Research Park Startup Agrible Acquired by Nutrien for $63 Million
- Agrible, ADM Receive 2018 Sustainability Leadership Awards
In 2018, Nutrien Ag Solutions acquired former Research Park startup Agrible, whose mission was to analyze and provide agronomic information using science and technology to transform results into globally useful knowledge. Today, Nutrien is committed to being the leading provider of agricultural inputs in each of its markets. Advancements in technology have allowed for more effective growing methods while minimizing environmental impacts. As they’ve welcomed more operations and expanded product and service offerings, their reach has become global. Nutrien Ag Solutions is now part of a network of retailers that spans three continents.
While Agrible still has an office located in Champaign, Illinois, they are now headquartered in Loveland, Colorado, and continue to serve customers all over the world.