Research park development
- 200-acre development
- 17 buildings
- 125 companies
Research Park Employment
- 2,200 employees
- 800 interns
- Annual payroll of $82 million
- 3rd largest employer in Champaign County
Workshops, Training and Events at the Research Park
- 200 events annually
- 336 meetings with Entrepreneurs-in-Residence and Experts-in-Residence
- 56 startup tenants in the 43,000-square-foot incubator
- 59% of companies, not including student-founded firms, report their origin as a University department or lab.
- Over 250 startup tenants at EnterpriseWorks since opening in 2003
- Named #2 startup community by Silicon Prairie Magazine
Composition of EnterpriseWorks incubator tenants
- 60% University of Illinois faculty
- 20% University of Illinois students or recent alumni
- 11% by others
- 9% by University of Illinois staff
Location of Graduated Startup Companies
- 71% of graduates remain in the State of Illinois.
- 66% of graduates remaining in state are in Champaign County.
Funding Raised by EnterpriseWorks Companies
- Startup companies incubated in the Research Park have raised $1.2 billion in venture capital funding.
- Since the Research Park opened, companies here have been awarded $147.3 million in SBIR/STTR funding.