- Each company is provided a mailbox located on the first floor.
- For items that are incoming that are large and require a lift gate or dock, please contact Jim Wells, Facility Manager, to make delivery arrangements.
- Outgoing USPS mail can be placed in the North entrance USPS labeled mailbox
- Outgoing packages can also be left on the outgoing racks at the North entrance of EW, after calling UPS/FedEx/DHL/Amazon to arrange for pickup
- FedEx has a drop box [6:15 pm pick-up] located in parking lot to the east of EnterpriseWorks
- The receiving dock on the west end of the building houses a pallet jack, dolly, and two small carts
Meeting in Conference Rooms
Conference Room 115 holds 8 - 10 people
Conference Room 215 holds 10 - 12 people
Conference Room 220 holds 12 - 15 people
McMillan Meeting Room (130) holds 25 people
Conference rooms include features such as:
- Polycom conference phone
- White board walls and LCD TV for wireless laptop hook up
- UIUC wireless and hard wired connections
- McMillan Meeting Room (130) has built-in projection system and laptop
Gathering in the Atrium
The atrium is a hub of activity, housing meetups, and workshops with seating space for up to 50 people at rounds or 80 people theatre-style . This space also functions as the primary lunch and breakroom for EnterpriseWorks staff and tenants.
Coming Together in our Outdoor Spaces
The Outdoor Patio w/ Grill & Refrigerator holds 20 people and is perfect for fun and relaxed events. On the East side of the building, there are also permanent outdoor tables with umbrellas, which do not require any reservation.
Shared Equipment Lab
EnterpriseWorks Suite 200 is a shared equipment lab with access for lab tenants at no additional charge.
- Eppendorf Centrifuge 5415D X2
- Eppendorf Centrifuge 5810R
- Sorval Centrifuge RCC5 Plus
- Yamato Drying Oven DX302
- DDM Novistar GF-B Reflow Oven
- Consolidated Autoclave
- Accument A15 Plus PH Meter
- Mettler Toldeo AX304 Balance
- Thermo Scientific GenPure Pro UV/UF DI Water system
- Leica S6E Microscope
- Fischer Scientific
- Dry ice is available for tenant use
Using the Coworking Spaces
EnterpriseWorks has a coworking space on the second floor on the West end of the building, available for use at anytime with common area desks, phone-booth rooms for private calls, and a lounge space that can be used for relaxing, meetings, or a quiet place to work.
EnterpriseWorks Suite 143 is a shared maker space with access for lab tenants at no additional charge.
- Mill/TDrill/Tapping Machine, Grizzly G0519
- Horizontal Bandsaw, Grizzly G0622
- Miter Saw
- 3D Printer, Ultimaker 3
- 3D printer, UP Mini
- Laser Cutter
- Air compressor
- Metal Lathe, Grizzly G0602Z
- Vertical Bandsaw, Porter Cable
- Drill Press, Porter Cable
- Belt Sander
- Bench grinder
- Various hand tools
The kitchen area includes:
- Microwave ovens
- Toaster oven
- Soda/snack machines in the dock area
- Coffee and condiments
- Ceramic coffee cups
- Hot water kettle
- Variety of teas from Tiesta Tea
- Assorted ramen noodle cups
- Each tenant is responsible for creating and maintaining a lab safety plan.
- Tenants are in the unique position of being a business in a University building.
- EnterpriseWorks is part of the University of Illinois Research Park, and falls under the DRS (Division of Research Safety) umbrella.
- DRS has provided detailed handouts that cover important safety related topics, including:
- DRS provided trainings, along with the handouts provided here, are a starting point for creating your first Lab Safety Plan.
- Tenants are required to have a Lab Safety Plan.
Browse the Entrepreneurship Library
EnterpriseWorks offers a library full of books on business development, entrepreneurism, innovation, and more.
Entrepreneurship Resources & Programs
EnterpriseWorks offers a wide variety of Entrepreneurship Resources and Programs for tenants to take advantage of. Learn more at the link below.
The EnterpriseWorks incubator at the University of Illinois offers a Shared Services Program to help its clients with short-term project needs.
Let our diverse team of student specialists help your company with a variety of projects in areas such as graphic design, social media, web development, and business strategy.
Bus Routes in Research Park
The public transit system in Urbana-Champaign makes travelling to and from Research Park easy. Learn more about the bus routes at the link below.
Electric Vehicle Charging
In the southeast corner of the EnterpriseWorks’ parking lot, electric vehicle charging is available for use by Research Park employees.
Parking (same as Incubator page)
EnterpriseWorks offers two available permit parking lots to tenants and their employees:
- North Parking Lot (entrance on Oak St)
- East Parking Lot (entrance on Hazelwood Dr)
For any tenant or employee that needs a parking pass for the EnterpriseWorks parking lot, please see Sheri Wilson at the EnterpriseWorks front desk.
Registering Your Bike
Research Park has bicycle paths and docks, making getting here easy for bike-riders. Registering for the Project 529 Shield tag protects your bike.