Here at the Research Park, Yahoo focuses on building large-scale platforms and applications powered by data. There are two major organizations represented — the Technology Platforms team and the Data Engineering group. The Technology Platforms team manages the large-scale infrastructure for supporting data, networking, and machine learning for the company. The Data Engineering group oversees data for the entire company by real-time data transport, pipelines, analytics, reporting, and machine learning applications. The office is comprised of 180+ technical staff including software engineers, data scientists, and management roles.
Yahoo at Research Park
- Verizon 5G innovation hub grand opening
- Yahoo turned 25 in 2020
- Oath (Yahoo) at the Research Park Leads $1 Million Donation to Local Champaign-Urbana Charities 2017
- Yahoo Donates $170,000 to Local Charitable Organizations 2016
- Most Oustanding Graduate 2017 – Naila Bushra
- Most Advanced Marketing and Business- Development 2015 – Joel Kelleher
- Most Outstanding Graduate Finalist 2014 – Scott Huang
Connect with Yahoo!
Positions and skills at Yahoo!
- Yahoo has offered positions for back-end software development, front-end, user interface, and data science engineers.
- Yahoo looks for candidates with excellent problem solving, written, organization, and communication skills