Ameren was created by the combination of three Illinois utilities (CIPSCO Incorporated, CILCO Inc. and Illinois Power Company) and Union Electric Company of St. Louis. The name comes from combining the words American and Energy. Employing more than 8,500 personnel, Ameren powers the quality of life for 2.4 million electric customers and more than 900,000 natural gas customers across a 64,000-square-mile area. The Ameren Innovation Center collaborates with students and faculty from the University of Illinois and other companies across multiple industries at the Research Park. Their goal is to foster an exploratory environment that focuses on innovations to help Ameren better meet the future needs of its customers.
Ameren Innovation Center
- Ameren Innovation Center Opens at the University of Illinois Research Park
- Ameren’s Mary Heger Named Leader in STEM, Touts Research Park Innovation Center
- Ameren Innovation Center Grand Opening Photos 2015
- Best Entrepreneurial Leadership in a Startup 2015 – Jenna Cooley
- Most Competent and Collaborative Team 2018 – Ameren Innovation Intern Team
Stay Connected with Ameren
Positions and Skills at Ameren
- Ameren hires students ranging from freshman to Ph.D. students. Ameren who has previously hired an IOS Development Intern.