Our University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign campus location provides Research Park companies and startups with unparalleled convenience when it comes to accessing university-related resources.
Facility Use Agreements
Companies can gain access to University of Illinois laboratory equipment and facilities by entering into Facilities Use Agreement and/or Technical Testing Agreements with the University.
The top requested research facilities include the clean-room labs within the Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory; various sophisticated lasers; and microscopy. Companies also may access the Blue Waters sustained petascale computing facility.
Companies also have access to rapid prototyping and machine shop services through the Department of Mechanical Science and Engineering. Clients pay on a cost-recovery basis (materials and labor only), so prices are extremely low compared to commercial service options.
Faculty and staff-founded companies located in EnterpriseWorks and the Research Park can setup interdepartmental agreements for technical testing or facilities use, resulting in substantial savings compared to external company use rates.
Allied Agencies may can receive specific benefits offered by the University of Illinois for being located on the Urbana-Champaign campus.
For more information on the benefits of being an allied organization, please visit the Office of Corporate Relations website here.
Companies located at the University of Illinois Research Park are eligible to apply for Allied Agency status. To become an Allied Agency, follow these steps:
- Complete this form and send it to [email protected]. Research Park staff will sign and send the form to the Office of Corporation Relations, who will send a letter to your Research Park site.
- Next, send a list of your employees to the OCR and Research Park staff.
- Request a NetID.
- After requesting a NetID, request an Illinois.edu email address by contacting Tech Services.
- Then, you may request a Research Park card.
- Visit the ID Center located at the Illini Union Bookstore to get your card.
Research Park's location provides convenient access to on-campus resources.