Serionix is an advanced materials company developing high-performance filtration technologies. Serionix filters are made to fit into your air purifier or furnace unit; installed like other filters, but they allow contaminant and odor removal. The proprietary formula includes color-changing technology that indicates when filters have reached the end of their lifetime.
James Langer and Weihua Zheng founded Serionix in 2011. At the time, the two were graduate students in the Material Science and Engineering program at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The pair participated in the Cozad New Venture Challenge. With feedback and encouragement from the competition, Langer and Zheng enlisted numerous EnterpriseWorks resources which led to networking, business development, and SBIR funding.
EnterpriseWorks Tenure: 2012-2019
Since graduating from the EnterpriseWorks Incubator in 2019, Serionix has held its corporate headquarters in Urbana, Illinois.
News & Milestones
- EnterpriseWorks Graduate, Serionix, Uses NASA Tech in Face Masks
- Local Inventors and Entrepreneurs Innovating for COVID-19
- EnterpriseWorks Graduate Serionix Featured in NASA’s Spinoff
- UIRP Congratulates Innovation Celebration Finalists
- Serionix Expands Commerical Use for Colorfil Air Filters
- Serionix Wins NASA Phase II Award
- Serionix Success Story