Inprentus, Inc., manufactures ultrahigh precision diffraction gratings for x-ray applications. The technology is a novel, dual-atomic-force microscope-based mechanical lithography method that allows high-precision patterning with nanometer precision over areas of ~10 cm squared or greater, and is particularly well suited to fabricating diffractive optics. The initial customer base is synchrotron light source facilities but will branch into lab-based chemical analysis, EUV lithography, and other industry segments.
Inprentus was founded by Peter Abbamonte in 2012 with the goal to advance the manufacturing of precision optics using proprietary nano-scale contact-mode lithography techniques. Peter Abbamonte received his PhD in condensed matter physics from University of Illinois, and he currently works at the University as a professor of physics.
EnterpriseWorks Tenure: 2012-2017
News & Milestones
- Inprentus Mentioned in IntersectIlinois Article
- Inprentus Awarded Contract to Supply High-Precision Diffraction Gratings to the Semiconductor Industry
- Inprentus Makes Final Four for IMA’s ‘Coolest Thing Made in Illinois’ Contest
- Inprentus Receives Investment From Serra Capital II
- Inprentus Contracts with China’s Soochow University
- Inprentus selected for NASA project
- Inprentus Raises $1 Million to Complete A Series A Round for $2.5 Million
- Inprentus Chosen to Provide Grating for SHINE XFEL
After graduating from EnterpriseWorks in 2017, Inprentus opened their corporate headquarters in Champaign, IL.