The Caterpillar Champaign Innovation Center brings together resources from key fields for the company’s research and development efforts, including engineering, computer science, operations research, and statistics, to drive innovative development through data analysis. The CIC also utilizes simulation technology to optimize product and process designs while reducing overall development time and cost. The center addresses engineering design issues such as materials processing, manufacturing processing, and structural analysis.
Champaign Caterpillar Innovation Center at Research Park
- Caterpillar Innovation Center Intern Makes an Impact
- Caterpillar Facility Rededicated at Research Park 2018
- Caterpillar On Corporate Culture and Innovation
- Caterpillar Celebrates Grand Opening of Data Innovation Lab 2015
- Caterpillar Data Innovation Lab Opening Photos
- Most Competent and Collaborative Team 2022 – Caterpillar’s Living Machine Logistics Team
- Most Outstanding Undergraduate Intern 2020 – Harry Zhao
- Best Technological Innovation 2018 – Shanglong Zhang
- Most Outstanding Graduate Student Intern Finalist 2017 – Yang Liu
- Most Outstanding Graduate 2015 – Eric Marburger
- Best Technological Innovation Finalist 2014- Gail Butler
Connect with Caterpillar Innovation Center
Position and Skills at Caterpillar Innovation Center
- Caterpillar previously has hired students studying agricultural & biological engineering, aerospace engineering, civil engineering, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, engineering mechanics, mechanical engineering, systems engineering, industrial engineering, and statistics.
- Caterpillar looks for students with strong technical, communication skills, and have involvement in student organizations on campus.