State Farm Data Scientist Advanced Analytics
State Farm Research and Development Center
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits, locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
As a data scientist at State Farm, you will help business partners build advanced analytic solutions to help drive results for the enterprise. You will serve not just as a subject matter expert and consultant, but also as a teacher. Through this role, you will work to increase the use of analytics for decision making across the company.
Being part of our data science team will help facilitate your professional growth across multiple development areas. First, you will strengthen your communication skills through interactions with business partners that require you to articulate statistical concepts in a non-technical way. Additionally, the variety of projects that you work on will allow you to refine your knowledge for supervised and unsupervised learning techniques. Finally, the landscape of the data science field is quickly changing, so this role includes an opportunity for practical research which equates to unbounded development opportunities for your analytic skills.
We Are Looking for Candidates With
- Completed Masters, other advanced degrees, in an analytical field such as statistics, economics, mathematics, data science, quantitative marketing, operations research, industrial engineering, etc.
- Experience with data cleansing, feature creation, feature selection and value imputation.
- Broad experience building different types of advanced analytic solutions, including some of the following: time series analysis, cluster analysis, tree based algorithms, generalized linear models, or neural networks.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple, diverse stakeholders across business areas and leadership levels.
- Exercise sound judgment to diagnose and resolve problems within an area of expertise.
- Experience with SQL and with Python, R, or SAS.
- Familiarity with AWS.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Familiarity with experimental design for business experiments.
- Familiarity with DevOps systems, such as GitLab