Riverbed Sr. Software Engineer Windows Developer
Sr. Software Engineer Windows Developer
Location: Champaign, IL.
The Software Quality Group focuses on testing Riverbed’s Wide Area Network Optimization (WANOpt) Application Acceleration and Software Defined Wide Area Network (SDWAN) product families. The wide area network (WAN) is the foundation of a globally connected enterprise, enabling collaboration, communication, business productivity, and risk mitigation. Application Acceleration technology focuses on delivering improved user experiences while interacting with today’s enterprise SaaS applications from multiple vendors. SDWAN is a networking solution which allows globally connected enterprises to simplify the management and operation of a WAN by decoupling the networking hardware from its control mechanism, and it allows companies to build higher performance WANs using lower cost internet access. When you join the Software Quality Group, you will have a hand in testing the products and solutions that are critical to everything organizations do over networks. You will work with top engineers to break the barriers that constrain businesses and enable them to run faster and more efficiently. The group’s industry-leading products are built on our patented technology that accelerates applications through data, transport, and application streamlining. RiOS is the foundation of award-winning products, including SteelHead CX, SteelHead EX, SteelHead SaaS, SteelCentral Controller for SteelHead, and SteelHead Interceptor.
Riverbed’s SteelHead product is an industry leading WAN Optimization Controller. Riverbed’s SteelConnect product is a revolutionary application-defined SDWAN solution. We are looking for candidates who like to work on cutting edge technology and solve tough problems.
Do you enjoy learning a protocol’s behavior from packet traces? And improving on it?
Do you enjoy working on industry leading products?
Do you want to work in a high pace, high impact and fun environment?
We have the right job for you.
About This Position:
We are looking for a senior level software engineer with good skills in coding in C/C++ and Python as well as knowledge of Windows Filter Drivers. You’ll be part of a collaborative and supportive team on the leading edge of Riverbed’s product development.
What you will do:
- Design and develop new features for the product for our ever-growing user base
- Analyze application network protocols and engineer them for our product
- Help improve product performance
- Explore industry and academic research to apply new ideas
- When things break — and they will — you are eager and able to help fix things
What you should have:
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent field desired, MS or higher degree preferred.
- Senior Windows Developer experience (4-5 years of experience)
- Strong networking knowledge (especially layers 2 & 3)
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and computer networking
- You believe that C++ is a fundamental programming language but also believe in the right tool for getting the job done
- Passion for all things Python
- You understand Windows system internals and TCP/IP fundamentals
- You understand how the Internet works and are keeping up with the evolution of internet and SaaS/cloud services
- You are a good programmer that writes readable, testable and maintainable code
- Strong and clear communicator that can concisely explain complex software design considerations
- Team player with a good sense of humor with a penchant for board games
What will help you further:
- Windows Filter Driver development experience a plus
- You understand HTTP and SSL. You care about the evolution of the internet
- Development experience with SaaS applications and REST API’s
- Knowledge of Security and Authorization Protocols
- Development experience with Open Source projects
- Packet trace analysis
- Experience with Fiddler, Wireshark, Message Analyzer or other profiling tools
- Asynchronous event model programming
- Multi-threaded programming
- Passion to work in a billion-dollar startup!
Why join Riverbed:
Riverbed offers a rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. We are proud of our great culture that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our customers.
Learn more about Riverbed: www.riverbed.com
Riverbed is an equal employment opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy or child birth (including breast feeding), sexual orientation, genetics, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other basis protected by and in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com