Motorola Solutions Software Engineer
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
“Motorola Solutions Research Park” is the MSI design center on the campus of the University of Illinois – Urbana Champaign. This design center, located alongside 125 other companies, is focused on creating a talent pipeline, giving students meaningful project work working with teams throughout the corporation, and creating new collaborations with university faculty and their research.
Motorola Solutions is looking for a self motivated individual to work in our design center, doing independent project work as well as mentoring software engineering interns on their projects.
This position is located in our state of the art design center in Champaign, IL on the University of Illinois campus. This is the ideal full-time position for an ambitious software professional, working with state of the art software teams across Motorola Solutions. The successful candidate will demonstrate self-initiative, leadership and a passion for staying up to date on the latest software technologies and software development paradigms.
- Working on an independent project (50%). Research Park takes in project work from all over the corporation, you will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge software projects ranging from cloud computing, embedded software, cybersecurity, mobile application development, and analytics.
- Mentoring student software engineering interns on their projects (40%). This includes ensuring student interns are taking a sound approach to their software solution as well as helping them set up their development environment and deployment tools
- Fostering relationships and research opportunities with key professors and researchers at the university. (10%)
- Modeling Motorola Solutions culture and values.
Candidates are expected to work in a team environment utilizing the latest industry standard agile practices for planning, implementing, and delivering products and services.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline is required.
- Demonstrated experience with development environments (Visual Studio, VS Code, Eclipse, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency in C++ and Java
- Mobile application and/or platform development including Android and iOS
- Cloud computing, ideally on Microsoft Azure
- Agile software development experience (JIRA or Azure DevOps)
- Knowledge of Linux
- Master’s degree or 2-3 years work experience
- Experience with cloud deployments using Docker and Kubernetes
- DevOps engineering (deployment pipelines, etc.)
- Network Protocols (TCP/IP, TLS, UDP
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or, any other protected characteristic.