Brunswick Materials Science and Engineering Internship – Spring 2020
Brunswick i-Jet Lab
Brunswick i-Jet is currently seeking a paid part-time intern to assist with project research and development for our Mercury Marine division. You will be working within our high-tech laboratory conveniently located in Research Park. This great opportunity has potential for extension into the summer as a paid full-time internship.
As a Material Science & Engineering Intern, you will work collaboratively and independently with highly qualified engineering professionals who are responsible for the design, production and development of components for the recreational boating industry. You will become an integral member of an engineering team committed to delivering critical materials analysis and inspection results. You’ll learn how to work within the engineering team as you own and manage assigned projects from inception to completion.
This is a unique opportunity for you to:
- Gain confidence in your ability to influence people
- Experience collaboration across multiple departments/divisions
- Join the Brunswick team where we work hard, play hard, and go home happy knowing that at the end of the day we’ve helped millions of people live more active and more fulfilling lives
- Work as a part of an organization that is the growing, global leader in the marine industry, where the awesome company culture revolves around what our products stand for–active and healthy living.
As the Material Science and Engineering Intern, you will:
- Research / investigate emerging technologies in materials science engineering within the marine industry
- Perform a wide variety of testing procedures and failure analysis projects relating to the design, testing, production, and manufacturing of out boarding and stern-drive engines for recreational boating industry
- Prepare critical written documentation to authenticate your laboratory testing results
Qualifications of a successful candidate:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelors of MatSE or related program
- Ability to work 12-20 hrs/week
- Demonstrate teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously and maintain accurate and organized records and data
- Independent, adaptable and motivated self-starter willing to take ownership of project results and deadlines
- Passionate about understanding, designing, fabricating, manipulating, and engineering materials to drive technological and scientific progress
- Familiarity with Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Related research or internship experience is preferred
To apply for this job please visit illinois.joinhandshake.com.