Editekk Biomaterial Engineer
We are looking for Research Engineers to join the Editekk team to help us develop and commercialize our surface modification technology in markets such as medtech, fusion energy, and others. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about solving real world problems by turning cutting edge research into operational production solutions.
- Designing and performing experiments and interpreting results from biological material testing, including cellular interactions, toxicity, and more, and potentially surface (SEM, AFM) and mechanical (tensile, indentation) testing within a design control system.
- Technical writing, including summarizing experimental results for in-house records and potential future publication, preparing documentation to meet design and manufacturing standards (design controls, quality management system, standard operating procedures, etc.) and regulatory requirements (FDA – 510(k), Device Master File, etc.), and developing research and grant proposals to secure additional funding sources.
- Working on projects as assigned and coordinating activities with outside collaboration as well as in-house personnel to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Currently pursuing or holding a MS or PhD in a bioengineering, biology, or related field
- Strong hands-on experience working in a laboratory, preferably a biolab, including cellular/molecular assays
- Experience working under a Quality Management System in the medical industry preferred
- Experience using Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) and other analysis techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing
- Strong academic record and prior publication preferred
- Passion to learn new technologies and problem-solve with our R&D team
- Collaboration in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to work independently