Part-Time Student Researcher – Abbott
Who We Are:
At Abbott, we’re committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we’ve brought new products and technologies to the world — in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals — that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
We are seeking a student from University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign to primarily support Scientific Medical Affairs and Health Economics Outcome Research (AN-HEOR) on a key project that reviews literature on digitally enabled structured weight loss management program using oral nutrition supplements on clinical outcomes.
Results will include literature review that drives awareness of ONS in diabetes management programs.
The Student Will Be Responsible For:
- Performing literature searches to critically appraise clinical evidence
- Compiling published studies in the areas of diet, weight loss, and diabetes
- Writing and present findings in scientific reviews
- Communicating findings and progress to applicable project leader on a regular basis
What We Offer To Our Student Employees:
- Part-time employment with Abbott at UIUC Science Park during academic year
- Minimum of 8-10 hr/week and maximum of 19 hr per week
- Competitive hourly wage commensurate with year in school
- Flexible work schedule Monday to Saturday with 24/7 keycard office access
- A workstation in a modern style office space
- Valuable experience in the global healthcare industry
- Must be enrolled as a student at UIUC
- Pursuing a MS or PhD degree in public health, nutritional science, or dietetics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Experience with reference management software (EndNote) and health sciences literature databases preferred
- Attention to detail, effective communicator, and excellent verbal/written English language skills
- Self-motivated problem-solver that can lead a project from beginning to end
Start Date/Duration: January 2023/ Spring Semester with potential to continue through summer.
Interested in Applying?
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.abbott.