The University of Illinois Research Park is excited to announce that applications are now being accepted for Illinois Reboot 2.0: Python Project Course. This free technical training program expands on previous iterations of Illinois Reboot and will run in Winter 2022.
Reboot 2.0 will give participants the opportunity to expand their skillset in Python with live instruction and mentorship, while also completing their own data project. This individual project will give participants valuable experience working with data sets, which can be highlighted to potential employers.
- The 9-week live, virtual course will begin on January 31, 2022, and will run on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6-8 p.m. until April 6.
- Reboot 2.0 is intended for past participants of Illinois Reboot, and requires some familiarity with Python.
- Participants in Reboot 2.0 will build their technical skills while developing related professional skills around communication and project management, with the goal of upskilling into a new career in data science.
- Participants will also have opportunities in career coaching, mentorship, and employer networking.
- Illinois Reboot was developed to encourage a more diverse and inclusive tech community in Central Illinois, and benefit those who have been adversely affected by the economic factors of COVID-19. Women, people of color, veterans, and others who are underrepresented in the tech sector are encouraged to apply.
The course will be taught and developed by Elizabeth Wickes, Lecturer in the University of Illinois School of Information Sciences, and past Reboot instructor. Wickes has been nationally recognized for her community and educational work in teaching Python.
Applications will be accepted until Dec. 20, 2021. Participants will be notified of their acceptance into Reboot 2.0 in early January 2022.
Please contact Emily Neal (email@example.com) with questions about the program application or Illinios Reboot 2.0 course.
The program is free thanks to grant funding from the U.S. Economic Development Administration and a sponsorship from American Family Insurance.
Illinois Reboot 2.0 is a partnership between the University of Illinois Research Park, the University of Illinois School of Information Sciences, and American Family Insurance.