AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people, and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 25,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries. The AbbVie Innovation Center is located in the Research Park at the University of Illinois and provides an opportunity for students and AbbVie’s Research and Development IT group to collaborate on projects to help advance our science.
AbbVie Innovation Center at Research Park
- AbbVie Hosts Hybrid HackVie 2021
- AbbVie’s Global Head of IT Explains Innovation Through Space on LinkedIn
- AbbVie Innovation Center Participates in “Week of Possibilities”
- Most Outstanding Graduate Student Intern Finalist 2022 – Brendan Brasch
- Best Business Innovation Finalist 2022 – Ethan Rasmussen
- Most Outstanding Graduate Intern 2020 – Eric Cheng
- Most Competent and Collaborative Team Finalist 2018 – AbbVie Market Research Team
- Most Advanced Marketing and Business Development Finalist 2018 – Neelan Veloo
- Most Oustanding Undergraduate Intern Finalist 2018 – Nathaniel Murphy
- Most Outstanding Undergraduate 2017 – Roshen Samuel
- Most Advanced Marketing and Business Development Finalist 2016 – Tiffany Zhang
- Most Outstanding Undergraduate 2016 – Noah Flynn
Connect with AbbVie Innovation Center
Positions and Skills at AbbVie Innovation Center
- AbbVie has offered internship positions in data science, statistics, machine learning, programming, and graphic design.
- AbbVie looks for candidates who are self-motivated, organized, able to work in teams or independently, and an interest in learning.