AbbVie Visualization Dashboard Developer – Summer and Fall 2020
AbbVie Innovation Center
Process R&D is integral part of Development Sciences organization and is responsible for robust manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients going in our therapeutic drugs. For the past two years, Process R&D is going through rapid lab automation by incorporating high-throughput, parallel reactor platforms in our arsenal. High velocity of experimentation creates a need for automated data capture, processing and visualization. This role will help us with building spotfire visualization dashboards for these automated lab experiment workflows.
Major duties include
- Working on user-centered, simple and clean visualization dashboards for various workflows in Process R&D area which will be part of internal digitization platform.
- Developing small programs and components that will be used to automate functionalities in visualization dashboards in the R&D area.
- Work collaboratively with broader NEST platform team to follow broader architectural guidelines while building specific dashboards.
- Must be registered as a full-time student
- Must be able to commit to a regular schedule during standard business hours
- Undergraduate and Graduate students
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0, or equivalent
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- 12 – 15 hours/week during the fall and/or spring semesters
- 35 – 40 hours/week during the summer semester
- Creative problem solver with ability to understand larger picture but who will focus on details
- Passion for design and great user experiences
- Familiarity with user research and usability testing methodologies to prioritize user needs to drive design priorities
- Ability to design and deliver clean and usable user interface prototypes for desktop
- Willingness to learn Spotfire (a visualization tool)
- Web development (Django)
- Familiarity with databases
Note The position will be hired through a third-party hiring agency and will begin as soon as possible over the summer semester with an option to continue through the 2020-2021 academic year.
Submit your resume on handshake at https://illinois.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3830503
Learn more about us at: www.abbvie.com
Who We Are AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. Our ~47,000 employees are scientists, researchers, communicators, manufacturing specialists and regulatory experts located around the globe. We come up with new approaches to addressing today’s health issues—from life-threatening illness to chronic conditions. We target specific difficult-to-cure diseases where we can leverage our core R&D expertise to advance science. We are constantly working to create solutions that go beyond treating the illness to have a positive impact on patients’ lives, on societies—and on science itself. At AbbVie, we see a future full of possibility, where health is in reach and patient lives are improved.
The AbbVie Innovation Center (AIC), located in the Research Park at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, provides an opportunity for students and different groups within AbbVie to collaborate on projects to help advance our science. AIC’s “Any Student Anywhere” Program is designed to augment AbbVie’s regular staff. During the regular fall and spring semesters, this program is designed for students to work 12-15 hours/week in parallel with their school schedule. During the summer, students are expected to work 35-40 hours/week. As part of the “Any Student Anywhere” model, the AIC welcomes students from around the country.