AbbVie Visual Designer – Spring & Summer 2020
AbbVie Innovation Center
The AbbVie Innovation Center (AIC) is looking for 1-2 students to work with IT and business teams as well as with other students at the Innovation Center to provide visual design solutions for various print and digital communications.
Who We Are:
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
The Part-Time Student Program at the AbbVie Innovation Center (AIC) is designed to augment AbbVie’s regular staff and is for students who are able to work in parallel to their school schedule. The AIC is located in the Research Park at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and provides an opportunity for students and AbbVie’s Research and Development IT group to collaborate on projects to help advance our science.
Major duties include:
- Provide visual designs for websites, applications, newsletters, training materials and other communications
- Create icons, infographics, headers,
- Provide prototypes of design options
- Incorporate AbbVie’s brand standards and guidelines into designs
- Must be registered as a full-time student
- Must be able to commute to the AIC for scheduled work
- Undergraduate or Graduate student
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0, or equivalent
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- 10 – 15 hours/week during the fall/spring semester
- 35 – 40 hours/week during the summer semester
- Skilled in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or other relevant design software
- Competent in Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Conceptual thinker and problem solver
- Portfolio demonstrating strong visual design skills for various mediums
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to easily adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Enrolled in a graphic design program
Note: The position will be hired through a third-party hiring agency and will begin as soon as possible over the spring 2020 semester with an option to continue through the summer and 2020-2021 academic year, subject to performance and project availability.
To apply: Submit your resume to email@example.com
Learn more about us at: www.abbvie.com