State Farm Actuarial and Modeling Intern – Fall 2021
State Farm Research and Development Center
Are you currently attending the University of Illinois – Urbana-Champaign and majoring in Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Management or another analytical major? If so, this may be the internship for you!
The State Farm Research and Development Center (RDC) is a place where interns currently attending UIUC complete innovative, meaningful research in a collaborative environment focused on developing technical and business skills – a perfect complement to the classroom. Interns provide analysis and solutions through
- Assessing risk and financial needs for insurance products
- Developing innovative methods and applications to enhance insurance product pricing
- Data mining and predictive modeling such as regression, forecasting, and machine learning
- Researching emerging industry trends and hot topics
The RDC internship program provides opportunities for year-round positions for UIUC students from second semester freshman through graduate students. We offer development through extensive training programs, leadership, and rotational opportunities as well as competitive compensation/benefits such as actuarial exam raises and flexible work arrangements.
State Farm’s University of Illinois Actuarial Internship duration and Hours: Fall 2021 internships run from 8/23/2021 to 12/10/2021. Interns work 10-15 hours per week, between the operating hours of 7:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
Office Location: Located at the University of Illinois Research Park on campus, the State Farm® Research & Development Center is a place where State Farm staff and UIUC students guide and support Company programs with high-level research. The facility features open spaces and state-of-the-art tools that encourage interaction and innovation – a perfect complement to traditional classroom studies.
- Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Management or other analytical majors preferred
- 3.5 overall and major GPA preferred; 3.25 minimum GPA required (PLEASE NOTE: Unofficial college transcripts required at the time of application)
- Prefer experience with data and statistical analysis in Excel, SQL, SAS, R and/or Python
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organization, leadership, and critical thinking skills
- Must be a student currently attending the University of Illinois – Urbana-Champaign
What You Can Expect
- Competitive Pay: Who doesn’t want money, right?
- A Learning Culture!
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That’s right, we trust you…
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in pre-employment testing and/or the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!