SLaM Engineer Intern – Ascent
We are looking for a Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLaM) Engineer Intern to support us in integrating our current LiDAR system, IMUs, and other location data to achieve real-time mapping of buildings and determine the location of the operator.
On a day to day basis you will mainly contribute to software solutions by writing C++ code and backend analysis. Working with the team, you will also integrate the software components into a fully functional system running on sensors integrated into first responder and warfighter PPE. You will architect, design, and develop spatial localization and mapping solutions for austere environments. In addition, you will develop and maintain the software stack on hardware platforms. You will write clean, performant, and well-tested documented code.
Ascent is building the single dashboard for high-intensity, small unit tactics. We provide actionable insight on the health, environment, and location of Firefighters, SWAT, Warfighters, and Hazmat. to augment operators in hazardous environments with actionable insights that improve safety and productivity.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent
- Senior Undergraduate or Graduate student
- Experience with MircroROS II
- Proficiency in C++
- Strong knowledge of the required sensor hardware and software packages
- Highly motivated individual who has a drive to learn new things
- Willing and excited to collaborate with others
- Experience with LiDar Odometry and Mapping in GNSS-denied areas
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.