RWE Data Visualization Intern, Fall 2021 (AbbVie Innovation Center)
AbbVie’s Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) Real World Evidence (RWE) team provides evidence to stakeholder questions about the value and use of AbbVie products by demonstrating the burden of disease, a product’s value vs. competitors, and by demonstrating patterns of best use.
Working with HEOR’s RWE Team, the Data Visualization Intern will:
- Perform SAS programming and analyses using large medical claims and electronic medical records databases
- Assist in developing analysis plan and summarizing and synthesizing results into reports and publications
- Work with AbbVie’s internal claims analyzer tool
- Must be registered as a full-time student
- Master’s preferred in Biostatistics, Statistics, Health Economics, Computer Science, Information Science, Data Analytics, Data Science, or related areas
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0, or equivalent
- 12 – 15 hours/week during the academic year
- 35 – 40 hours/week during the summer semester
- Must be able to work most of the time during regular business hours
- Proficiency in open source technology, such as R and Python
- Proficiency in popular visualization tools, such as Tableau, Qlik, and PowerBI
- Data analytics skills
- Eager to learn, demonstrates curiosity
- Able to work in the US without work authorization
- SAS, R and Python experience
- Experience with large medical claims and electronic medical records data (optional but preferred)
- Research experience in explaining behavior of complex machine learning models
- Experience with data transformations for feature engineering including automatic feature extraction and manual feature construction
Note: The position will be hired through a third-party hiring agency and will begin as soon as possible over the current semester with the ability to continue, subject to performance and project funding.
Who We Are:
To apply for this job please visit illinois.joinhandshake.com.