Riverbed Tecnology Sr. Engineer in Test
Riverbed Technology is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer specializing in Test to work in Champaign, IL.
What You Will Do
- Analyze new WANOpt and Application Acceleration features and then design and implement test cases to evaluate their quality
- Build complex test network topologies in our lab that incorporate WANOpt and Application Acceleration products
- Troubleshoot unexpected behavior, file defect reports, and work with software developers to improve quality
- Design, implement and deploy new test automation in python
- Be an integral part of a team where everyone collaborates to deliver products with the highest level of quality
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent field desired + 6 years of experience, or MS or higher degree + 4 years of experience.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and computer networking
- Passion for all things Python
- You understand Linux system internals and TCP/IP fundamentals
- You understand how the Internet works and are keeping up with the evolution of the internet and SaaS/cloud services
- You are a good programmer that writes readable, testable, and maintainable code
- Strong and clear communicator that can concisely explain complex software design considerations
- Team player with a good sense of humor
What Will Help You Further
- A passion for breaking software and/or coming up with novel ways to assess product quality
- Experience doing packet trace analysis
- Troubleshooting network problems either in simulated or real network topologies
- Passion to work in a billion-dollar startup!
Submit your resume to: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2576477900/
Learn more about us at: https://www.riverbed.com
Who We Are
The Software Development Group focuses on developing Riverbed’s Wide Area Network Optimization (WANOpt) and Software Defined Wide Area Network (SDWAN) product families. The wide area network (WAN) is the foundation of a globally connected enterprise, enabling collaboration, communication, business productivity, and risk mitigation. SDWAN is a networking solution which allows globally connected enterprises to simplify the management and operation of a WAN by decoupling the networking hardware from its control mechanism, and it allows companies to build higher performance WANs using lower cost internet access. When you join the Software Development Group, you will have a hand in designing and developing the products and solutions that are critical to everything organizations do over networks. You will work with top engineers to break the barriers that constrain businesses and enable them to run faster and more efficiently. The group’s industry-leading products are built on our patented technology that accelerates applications through data, transport, and application streamlining. RiOS is the foundation of award-winning products, including SteelHead CX, SteelHead EX, SteelHead SaaS, SteelCentral Controller for SteelHead, and SteelHead Interceptor.
Riverbed offers a rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. We are proud of our great culture that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our customers.
Riverbed is an equal employment opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy or child birth (including breast feeding), sexual orientation, genetics, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other basis protected by and in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.