Riverbed Technology Sr. SW Engineer – Protocols Optimization
Riverbed Technology is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer specializing in Protocol Optimization to work in Champaign, IL.
What You Will Do
- Develop new features for the product
- Help improve product performance
- Contribute towards product design
- Explore industry and academic research to apply new ideas
- Support existing software bases
- Strong software design, development and debugging skills
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms
- Strong C/C++ and Python
- Good understanding of Linux system internals and TCP/IP fundamentals
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving ability
- Team player with a good sense of humor
What Will Help You Further
- Knowledge of Internet Protocols and how the Internet works
- Development experience with SaaS applications and REST API’s
- Knowledge of Security and Authorization Protocols
- Development experience with Open Source projects
- Packet trace analysis
- Experience with Fiddler, Http watch or other browser profiling tools
- Asynchronous event model programming
- Multi-threaded programming
We think the job would require an MS or higher degree in CS or EE. But we are open to candidates with the equivalent skills. We have a supportive environment with a very well-equipped lab and custom written software tools to help you succeed.
Submit your resume to: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2576484136/
Learn more about us at: https://www.riverbed.com
Who We Are
The Software Development Group focuses on developing Riverbed’s Wide Area Network Optimization (WANOpt) and Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SDWAN) product families. The wide area network (WAN) is the foundation of a globally connected enterprise, enabling collaboration, communication, business productivity, and risk mitigation. SDWAN is a networking solution which allows globally connected enterprises to simplify the management and operation of a WAN by decoupling the networking hardware from its control mechanism, and it allows companies to build higher performance WANs using lower cost internet access. When you join the Software Development Group, you will have a hand in designing and developing the products and solutions that are critical to everything organizations do over networks. You will work with top engineers to break the barriers that constrain businesses and enable them to run faster and more efficiently. The group’s industry-leading products are built on our patented technology that accelerates applications through data, transport, and application streamlining. RiOS is the foundation of award-winning products, including SteelHead CX, SteelHead EX, SteelHead SaaS, SteelCentral Controller for SteelHead, and SteelHead Interceptor.
Riverbed offers a rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. We are proud of our great culture that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our customers.
Riverbed is an equal employment opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy or child birth (including breast feeding), sexual orientation, genetics, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other basis protected by and in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.