Procter & Gamble Smart Lab Computer Vision Engineer Student – Fall 2021
Proctor & Gamble Smart Lab
Welcome to the P&G Smart Lab. This is where “what if” meets reality. We’re building an inspiring space for explorers, thinkers and makers where we can work together to improve the future of home life around the world.
Procter & Gamble is best known by our different brands. It’s likely you’ve used a few of our brands already today – Swiffer, Old Spice, Tampax, Always, Olay, Charmin, Bounty, Gillette, Tide, Gain, Cascade, Pepto Bismol, Dayquil, among many others. We impact about 5 billion – yes, you read that right – lives on a regular basis.
We are building a place where we can ask some pretty interesting questions about consumer behaviors, habits, and practices. Our work in the Smart Lab is breaking boundaries in the consumer behavior space. We’re using sensors and smart devices to study what people actually do. Think about it – would you remember how many sheets of toilet paper you used last Thursday? Most people wouldn’t. That’s why we’re doing things a little differently.
We’re looking for students who want to work with the full data lifecycle regarding image analysis, including data collection, data pre-processing, data cleaning, model building/machine learning, and analytics. We’re also looking for students who can contribute to driving core business work by collaborating with others in the lab to assist with logistical processes, all the while enabling our consumer market knowledge function. Help us iterate, innovate, and ideate by enhancing our lab processes. You will be involved in a variety of Smart Lab tasks as they arise.
You will be a pretty good fit for this job if you have the following skills and abilities:
· Proficiency with Python, SQL, and GitHub
· A solid understanding of the data lifecycle
· Experience with computer vision, neural networks, and their Python packages (TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
· You have a strong attention to detail, and you are organized
· You can work independently on repetitive tasks, but be willing to aid the team with collaborative work efforts
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience with PowerBI is a plus but not required
· Experience with data pipeline development is a plus but not required
· Experience with AWS, Azure, and/or Databricks is a plus but not required
You will be expected to work 10 to 20 hours a week in the fall semester, with possible continuation into the spring and summer – project and schedule dependent. This role will be located at the P&G Smart Lab at the University of Illinois Research Park in Champaign, IL.