Nutrien Senior Manager, Software Security
Nutrien Ag Solutions
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
As the Senior Manager, Software Security, you will build and oversee a team of security engineers who will develop and operate the security capabilities and services to protect our technology and data assets. You will be establishing a Development Security Operations model to ensure security is built in from the beginning and throughout the application lifecycle. You will manage both the personnel and third-party service providers who help delivery security services. You will ensure the coordination and support of goals directed to meet corporate, divisional and team needs. This role will be working closely with Nutrien Corporate Cyber Security while reporting to the Director of Platform Services.
What you will do:
- Promote and guide security and risk awareness, management, and governance corporate-wide as it relates to technology related operational risks. Develop service-based partnerships with leaders across the Digital Organization
- Build and lead a team of security engineers to support organizational risk goals while bringing clarity on potential areas of material security and technology risk. This includes promoting more efficient and automated deployment of information security services, while maintaining stability and governance, advancing skills, and guiding the team to success in an agile environment
- Manage information security services to ensure technical solutions are in place to provide:
- Security Technology Solutions: Perimeter Security Control, End-point Security, Identity & Access Management, Threat and Vulnerability Management, and Data Protection
- Security Compliance and Risk Management: IT Asset Control and Real-time Threat Detection, Security Compliance Management, Third-party Security Risk Management, Security Awareness and Communications, Security Incident Response
- Lead the identification, reporting, and response to information security incidents
- Oversee audits and compliance reviews representing information technology functions to support security, audit, and risk needs
- Mature the risk-based metrics, scorecards, and dashboards to track performance and monitor trends across the organization
- Incorporate business continuity practices into the management of information security capabilities to ensure the team and related technologies operate at a level which provides our partners resilient services
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a technology or information security related field; experience may be considered in lieu of education
- 12+ years of relevant IT experience required, which includes:
- 1+ year(s) of experience directly supervising a team of IT professionals required
- 7+ years of progressive experience managing and delivering Information Security services. Experience delivering security services in an AWS environment preferred
- 5+ years of experience building Security Risk Management Programs with the ability to engage with Senior Management and regulators preferred
- 3+ years of experience selecting and managing 3rd party compliance and security firms preferred
- Experience with NIST CSF, NIST SP 800-53, HIPAA, HI Trust, SOC1 / SOC2
- Experience in cloud management and governance practices
- Experience acting calmly and competently in high-pressure situations such as security incidents
Compensation & Benefits:
We provide an attractive benefits package that includes comprehensive medical, dental, vision coverage, and life insurance and well as disability coverage for positions working more than 30 hours per week. In addition, we have a retirement program that encourages our employees to save for the longer term, with generous matching employer contributions. Our benefit package also demonstrates our culture of care with paid vacation, sick days and holidays as well as paid personal and maternity/parental leaves and an Employee and Family Assistance Program. Details of the benefits package will be shared in the application process.
In addition to base pay, this role is also eligible to participate in our annual incentive plan, consistent with the terms of our plan, which provide discretionary award opportunities reflecting components such as performance of the company and the employee. Details will be discussed through the application process.
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.