Nutrien Innovation Farm Manager
At Nutrien Ag Solutions, we are devoted to the health and safety of all our employees and customers. During this time of uncertainty with Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are taking extra precautions in our Manufacturing Facilities and Retail Sites to ensure safety and limit exposure for all. Nutrien Ag Solutions is still hiring and we continue to drive towards our mission of Feeding the Future.
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
What you will do:
- Establish an agronomic network internally and externally to help build out the asset and define whole acre solutions to showcase
- Collaborate with other farm managers, product management, technical services, sustainability, digital and sales to demonstrate new products, services, and integrated solutions.
- Prepare and maintain land in a manner that offers a beneficial environment for agronomic needs of corn and soybeans production, as well as other potential crops that may be required
- Manage all aspects of agronomic practices required for crop production and the showcasing of agronomic, product, and service solutions.
- Execute and maintain agronomic and whole acre demonstrations that showcase the power and efficacy of integrated solutions that solve key grower challenges
- Host internal and external groups and field days throughout the year
- Obtain and maintain required permits, licenses, etc. required by local and national government pertaining to the farm and crops being raised
- Manage internal and external labor as needed to complete all tasked required during an annual cycle
- Promote an environment of safety and wellbeing, as defined by Nutrien EH&S
- Assist in development of well-defined SOP’s for all aspects of the farm operations including general production practices, fertility application, and all other aspects of the operation
- Assist in annual and long-term strategic and budget planning
Collection and dissemination of demonstration results
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, plant pathology, entomology, weed science or related discipline
- 1+ years of consultative agronomic experience and/or farming production or experimental management of row crops
- Knowledge of Modern Agricultural Practices and operation of commercial and research farm equipment
- Strong commercial farming and production business acumen
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran