Genective Molecular Analyst
Genective, a JV between two leading global seeds companies, Limagrain and KWS, is seeking a Protein Analyst to join our fast-growing team in the U.S. This scientist will be a founding member of our early stage research team that is focused on the discovery and development of insecticidal genes to support deregulation and commercialization of biotech corn traits.
The Molecular Analyst will have a critical role as a member of a growing team in a dynamic and informal discovery research environment. This positions’ technical expertise will be critical to meet research objectives while contributing to the development of a high energy and high value research culture. In addition to technical expertise in standard molecular biology lab techniques, the candidate will:
- Support screening of candidate insecticidal proteins.
- Actively seek out stakeholder needs and objectives to support biochemistry and molecular biology platforms.
- Apply expertise to provide routine molecular biology laboratory work.
- Apply scientific passion and curiosity to identify opportunities for process improvement while maintaining the highest level of safety, ethics, and scientific integrity.
- Utilize knowledge and expertise to proactively engage members of Genective R&D team to promote an energetic culture of science and community.
- Effectively communicate experimental results by distilling complex information to readily interpreted conclusions.
- Demonstrate a core desire for continuous improvement through exchange of constructive advice with other scientists regardless of seniority level.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- BSc with emphasis on molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, or related life science.
- Hands-on experience with standard wet laboratory and molecular biology techniques (e.g., minipreps, PCR, gel electrophoresis, cloning, nucleic acid QC; making media, buffers, stock solutions, etc.).
- Familiarity with various prokaryotic cell culture methodologies (e.g., culturing, transformation, colony PCR).
- Experience in insecticidal toxins, transgene expression, HTP genotyping, and/or lab automation (e.g., liquid handling robots, colony pickers) is a plus.
- Proficiency with database systems, MS office, and statistical analysis software packages.
- Must have excellent written, communication, and presentation skills, as well as excellent time management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and agile environment.
- Quantitative Western Blot
- Quantitative ELISA
- PCR and qPCR
- Tissue preparation (nucleic extract, protein)
- Gel electrophoresis: Agarose and SDS-PAGE
- Southern Blot
Competitive base salary, bonus, 401(K), medical, dental, long-term disability, and life insurance plans, as well as support programs for fitness, education, and employee referral. Find your career and make an impact in our highly collaborative, trusting, and entrepreneurial work environment.
Genective is a 50/50 joint venture established in 2011 between Limagrain and KWS, two of the world’s largest seed companies. With entities and activities in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia, Genective is currently dedicated to the research, development, and marketing
of transgenic traits for corn.
As the fourth largest seed company worldwide, Limagrain’s mission is to move agriculture forward to meet global food related challenges. Limagrain is a cooperative group founded and managed by French farmers. Its parent company, Coopérative Limagrain, brings together nearly 2,000 farmers located in the center of France. The Group creates, produces and distributes field seeds, vegetable seeds and cereal products. Limagrain is present in 56 countries and has more than 10,000 employees. It makes nearly 2.5 billion Euros of sales with recognized brands on their markets: LG, Vilmorin, Hazera, Harris Moran, Jacquet, Brossard.
KWS is one of the world’s leading plant breeding companies. In the fiscal year 2017/18 more than 5,000 employees in 70 countries generated net sales of EUR 1,068 million and earnings before interest 3and taxes (EBIT) of EUR 133 million. A company with a tradition of family ownership, KWS has operated independently for more than 160 years. It focuses on plant breeding and the production and sale of seed for corn, sugarbeet, cereals, rapeseed, sunflowers and vegetables. KWS uses leading-edge plant breeding methods to increase farmers’ yields and to improve resistance to diseases, pests and abiotic stress. To that end, the company invested approximately EUR 200 million last fiscal year in research and development.