Journey Analytics and Optimization Intern (Summer 2024) – Synchrony
Synchrony Emerging Technology Center
Do you have a passion for Data Science and Analytics? The Synchrony Emerging Technology Center located at UIUC’s Research Park focuses on advancing our internal capabilities in artificial intelligence, data science, and other emerging technology domains to create long-term value for our customers. The interns in the program will work closely with our Innovation Station and SMEs to deliver projects for our business stakeholders. Projects can range across multiple disciplines such as basic market and technology research, big data analytics, proof-of-concept creation, data visualization, and software development. During the summer, each intern is provided with project work that is important to our business, and we’ll look to you to challenge us and contribute to driving innovation for our future. When you’re here, you’re part of the team and we’ll expect you to help us raise the bar.
Journey Analytics and Optimization Intern
The Synchrony Customer Journey – Analytics team is seeking an intern to work side by side with Data Product Managers, Analytics, Technology and Business stakeholders and Subject Matter experts to build, enhance and support enterprise data products and capabilities.
Depending on the background and business priorities the intern will apply her/his/their technical and problem-solving skills to one or several projects. The Customer Journey Analytics intern:
- Participate in weekly meetings scoping, reviewing requirements, and specifications in designing/finding analytic and data engineering solutions.
- Advise on potential solutions, ideas, or options available to support requests.
- Design and implement overall solutions including analyzing data, workflows, rules that will be applied as logic in order to orchestrate actions that will enable other platforms within the MarTech stack to produce a certain outcome.
- Produce functional documentations based upon client business requirements and work in collaborations with others. Knowledge of SharePoint, and PowerBI will be helpful.
The internship will be spent working side by side with Synchrony teams where you will apply your theoretical knowledge to complete challenging projects. Exposure to these real-life projects will accelerate your career and develop your skills in a cutting-edge global environment.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Data Science, Analytics, Data/Software Engineering, Math/Statistics, or related fields.
- Knowledge of algorithms and how they can aid in decision-making with a passion for applied logic.
- Passionate about data, numbers, finding patterns, and unveiling insights from disparate data sources when put together.
- Technical knowledge of RESTful APIs, SOAP web services and Message Queues is an advantage.
- Experience with analytical software such as KNIME, Tableau, PowerBI.
- Automation with Power Automate or other technologies.
- Experience in marketing analytics, mar-tech.
- Database design skills.
What do we look for in all potential ETC Interns?
- Ability to effectively work independently and within collaborative teams
- Proven leadership both inside and beyond the classroom
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability, and passion for learning
- Passion for excellence with high integrity and a commitment to quality
- Relevant experience or demonstrated interest in area of work
Basic Eligibility Qualifications:
- Must be registered as a full-time student at the University of Illinois
- Preference for education to be within Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Data Science, Analytics, Data/Software Engineering, Math/Statistics, or related field.
- Excellent academic record – Minimum overall 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must be willing to commit to 40 hours per week during the summer
- Must be willing to work from the office at Research Park during the summer
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- You must be 18 years or older
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
If you need special accommodation, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org