John Deere Testing Engineer
At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith’s shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
As a Testing Engineer for the John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG) located in Champaign, IL, you will….
- Be responsible for the low-TRL verification and validation testing for sensors, components, and other technology across a wide range of machine forms and production systems.
- Design, source, and fabricate components to mount sensors or other components.
- Collect data in lab and field settings
- Design and conduct Design of Experiments to test technology, components, and potential solutions
What Skills You Need (Required skills/experiences)
- The ability to work closely with cross functional teams to plan tests, verify and validate technology, components and potential solutions to meet research and development requirements.
- Execute tests and analysis plans for sensing & component verification throughout all phases of projects.
- Basic knowledge and familiarity with ag and construction equipment, sensors, off the shelf hardware and software.
- Intermediate knowledge and ability to use Creo CAD modeling software
- Intermediate knowledge of 3D printing, prototype, welding, & metal fabrication
What Makes You Stand Out (Desired skills/experiences)?
- Experience with instrumentation, data acquisition and analysis tools
- Experience working in a highly agile team environment
- Ability to clearly communicate technical data and project updates through written reports and meeting presentations
- Farming background
- Large equipment technician background
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- BS in STEM-related field, ideally in Agricultural Engineering
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.