Heartland Full-stack Developer
Heartland Science & Technology Group
We are looking for a full stack software developer that would enjoy working with an enthusiastic team utilizing the latest technologies to solve technical problems of national and public interest. The right person for the job is quick to learn new skills and technologies and eager solve problems. One must be a team player and able to manage his or her time responsibly as most of our team is remotely based. This position requires someone who is willing to voice his or her ideas and solutions to the team but is also flexible enough to work under direction and team consensus.
As an employee, you will work on diverse projects of public import such as sustainable farming, cybersecurity, and transportation systems resiliency, and can take satisfaction in knowing that you are making a significant contribution to the public good. Most of our projects are web based; however, the scope is not limited to web applications and may include console, desktop, and mobile applications as well.
Node.js, Typescript, Angular, Vue.js, PostgreSQL, .NET Core, Docker, Kubernetes
- Be part of the team and vocal in our sprint planning meetings.
- Take on stories each sprint, place them up for code review, and see them through to completion. This includes taking design guidelines from the story and owning the full stack of the story.
- Work well with others.
- Participate in reviewing code of others through our code review process.
- Provide input for consideration in the architecture of the system.
- Willingness to learn.
- Previous experience in software development (length of experience dependent on experience level)
- Previous experience with Node.js, Typescript, .NET Core
- Previous experience with Angular, Vue.js, and Bootstrap
- An understanding of REST, reactive stores and extensions, dependency injection
- An understanding of SOLID and DRY
- While you don’t need to be a designer, an understanding of SCSS/CSS is necessary to implement what designers have designed
- An understanding of SQL and relational databases
- An understanding of unit testing and integration testing
- A clear understanding of Git (we use feature branching)
- Being familiar with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, CouchDB, and Redis
- Being familiar with architectural design patterns
- Being familiar with the agile methodology
- Ability to work remotely
- Jira and Bitbucket
- Docker and Kubernetes
- CQRS and DDD
- Message queuing and streaming systems
- Linux, ssh, Bash scripting, and Python
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Chantelle Hougland, email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience Level: Junior, Mid-Level
Role: Full stack developer
Industry: Non-Profit, Research, Government
Company Size: 1-9 people
Company Type: Non-Profit
Location: Champaign, IL (or remote)