Genective Senior Office Manager
Genective, a JV between two leading global seeds companies, Limagrain and KWS, is looking for a Senior Office Manager for our fast-growing team in the U.S. The Senior Office Manager is a direct report of the President & CEO. The primary working location at Genective’s global headquarters in Champaign, IL while occasionally working at the research facility in Weldon, IL may be required.
As a direct report to the President & CEO, the Senior Office Manager plays a critical role in providing executive support, managing administrative activities for the broad team, as well as performing certain communication, HR, and contract management duties.
- Act as a partner on office administration for the President & CEO, the Executive Leadership Team, and the broad team
- Proactively manage calendar for the President & CEO and make sound judgement on prioritizing
- Plan and coordinate the President & CEO’s internal and external meetings and Board of Directors’ meetings as needed
- Plan and coordinate agenda and logistics for team meetings and events
- Cover the corporate reception desk at Champaign and provide general support to visitors
- Arrange travel for the President & CEO and liaise with travel agent for the broad team
- Provide analysis and reports on subjects assigned by the President & CEO
- Manage office supplies and accounting paper flow, incl. A/R and A/P invoices
- Assist in recruiting and initiates HR onboarding for new hires
- Assist in preparation of HR related documents and liaises with HR department
- Lead internal communication activities and events
- Manage media inquiries, news release, corporate website, and social media channels
- Create a filing system and manage important and confidential corporate documents
Manage tracking and notification of key dates and deliverables of contracts
• Liaise with and maintain a strong relationship with counterparts at parent companies and affiliated companies
- As required by the President & CEO
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in related fields
- Minimally 5 years of corporate professional experience with a bachelor’s degree
- Minimally 8 years of corporate professional experience with an associate degree
- Exceptional time and organizational skills with excellent attention to details
- Able to plan for and keep track of multiple projects and deadlines for self and others
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in entire MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb interpersonal skills and able to work with various personalities and situations
- Able to anticipate needs and take actions accordingly without being directed
- Passionate about supporting others and see others’ success as his/her own success
- Trustworthy and able to handle confidential information appropriately
- Capable to perform consistently in a fast-paced, quickly changing, entrepreneurial environment
- Willing to learn and grow through on-the-job training and continued education
- Related HR and/or communication experience a plus
Competitive base salary, bonus, 401(K), medical, dental, long-term disability, and life insurance plans, as well as support programs for fitness, education, and employee referral. Plus, fun and satisfaction from working in a high trust, high empowerment, high impact, entrepreneurial environment with a close-knit team.
Genective is a 50/50 joint venture between Limagrain and KWS, two of the world’s largest seed companies. With entities and activities in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia, Genective is dedicated to the research, development, and commercialization of transgenic traits. For more information, visit http://genective.com and https://www.linkedin.com/company/genective.
As the fourth largest seed company worldwide, Limagrain’s mission is to move agriculture forward to meet global food related challenges. Limagrain is a cooperative group founded and managed by French farmers. Its parent company, Coopérative Limagrain, brings together nearly 2,000 farmers located in the center of France. The Group creates, produces and distributes field seeds, vegetable seeds and cereal products. Limagrain is present in 56 countries and has more than 10,000 employees. It makes nearly 2.5 billion Euros of sales with recognized brands on their markets: LG, Vilmorin, Hazera, Harris Moran, Jacquet, Brossard.
KWS is one of the world’s leading plant breeding companies. In the fiscal year 2017/18 more than 5,000 employees in 70 countries generated net sales of EUR 1,068 million and earnings before interest 3and taxes (EBIT) of EUR 133 million. A company with a tradition of family ownership, KWS has operated independently for more than 160 years. It focuses on plant breeding and the production and sale of seed for corn, sugarbeet, cereals, rapeseed, sunflowers and vegetables. KWS uses leading-edge plant breeding methods to increase farmers’ yields and to improve resistance to diseases, pests and abiotic stress. To that end, the company invested approximately EUR 200 million last fiscal year in research and development.