Starfire Engineering Technician – Particle Accelerators
Starfire Industries, LLC
Starfire Industries, LLC is a manufacturer of portable particle accelerator solutions for non-destructive testing, imaging and detection using neutrons, protons, x-rays and gamma rays. Our nGen® and Centurion® technologies are used worldwide by industrial, academic, defense and security customers for materials identification, hazards detection, scientific analyses, and process control. At our Champaign, IL facility we conduct leading-edge research and development, manufacture and support several product systems, and provide customer support for their emerging applications.
We are adding to our technical team to support both R&D and production activities. We seek a person familiar with electronic hardware and/or electrical systems from an assembly and testing perspective. Building on your base skill set and electronics aptitude, we will provide job-specific training unique to our products and technologies. You willenjoy “hands-on” work and being part of scientific team.
Responsible for making components, assembling subsystems, constructing test fixtures, and performing system testing for nGen® and Centurion® particle accelerators.
- Perform component fabrication, assembly, integration, and hardware testing.
- Apply electronics test/debug experience to prototype and production assemblies.
- Assist systems and R&D engineers meeting milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate consistently and openly with engineers, technicians, and managers.
- Actively pursue effective collaboration with other team members.
- Relevant associate or baccalaureate degree or equivalent experience:
- g. electrical technician, auto technician, machinist, air conditioning technician
- Strong desire to learn and appreciates hands-on work
- Capability to read electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Minimum 3+ years’ work experiences
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Electronics repair/rework
- Radio frequency electronics
- Familiarity with Solidworks and Mechanical Design
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
Salary commensurate with experience. Immediate start date. This position is restricted to U.S. Persons only.