DevOps Engineer – Yahoo
It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of nearly 900 million. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process trillions of data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in?
A Little About Us
In this position, you will work on the Yahoo data processing infrastructure part of User Data and Analytics team in Champaign, Il. Our team structure encourages trust, learning from one another, having fun, and attracting people who are passionate about what they do.
A Lot About You
If you are looking to launch your career, what better place than Yahoo. We are looking for great talented Software Developers that can contribute to the development of our exciting next-generation products. If you are excited about the lifecycle of a Big Data project – Architecture, Design, Coding, Testing, Launching, Monitoring and Automation, this is the place to be. We are looking for problem solvers, the capability to work independently as well as with a team, and the willingness to learn.
- Working with new Big Data systems/features, increasing performance, automating processes, forecasting loading, designing and implementing tools for large data set issue analysis and verification. Our environment runs within Yahoo’s Hadoop Grid and on AWS and uses shell scripting, Python and Frontend development skills.
- Production support: troubleshoot, report, and prioritize operational issues with multiple Big Data production pipelines
- Performance Engineering: Investigating and comparing Big Data infrastructural changes for improved performance and data throughput
- Big Data Design Engineering: Work with development team to help them create highly reliable data applications
- Analyzing Big Data job performance and efficiency to meet our ongoing business demands
- Automation Engineering: Improve and promote operational scalability and standardization through statistics and machine learning
- Act as a liaison between the different tiered support teams for operability/site-up issue escalation and monitoring
You Must Have
- Hold a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related major
- Knowledge of software engineering: processes, tools, methods
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts, large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed systems, and UNIX/Linux environments
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, multi-tasking skills
- Excellent team working capability
- Experience using UNIX/Linux systems
- Experience with development in Python
- Knowledge of AWS, experience with EKS, Cloudwatch a plus
- Knowledge of Kinesis
- Knowledge of Big Data, Hadoop grid clustering technology a plus
- Prior experience in technical operations and additional exposure to tool/product development.
- Familiarity with monitoring applications like Nagios/Netcool/Moog is a plus
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com