Data Engineer Intern/Co-op/Student
Kohler Innovation Center
The intern/co-op/student would support the development of predictive, prescriptive, or machine learning capabilities for Kohler’s digital manufacturing platforms.
The individual will provide technical support related to the research and design of modern applications to improve industrial & manufacturing environments. Additionally, the individual will work in multi-disciplined engineering teams including mechanical, industrial, and computer science (software programming) engineering.
Skills, Knowledges and Proficiencies / Responsibilities
1. Support the Integration of Kohler’s smart factory ecosystem with Kohler enterprise Azure platform to enable predictive & prescriptive analytics, as well as machine learning with operations.
2. Data Analytics – Python, SQL Server (relational databases).
3. Develop methods to seamlessly share data and connect to other manufacturing plants or parts of the business.
4. Ability and knowledge to design and build new technologies in web applications domain.
5. Working knowledge of IT infrastructure roles including architecture, servers, cyber security, databases, firewalls, networking, software installation, and end user computing.
6. Experience in data lake and data warehousing.
7. Experience in Azure IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
Power BI Azure IOT Hub,
Azure Stream Analytics
Azure Data Bricks
Azure Data factory
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
1. Reports to Manager – University of Illinois Research Park (UIRP)
1. Collaborates with Digital Transformation engineering team for project and process guidance.
2. Works in close relationship to key business stakeholders (end customer internal to Kohler) for project requirements gathering, feedback, and updates.
3. Contact with external companies (I.E. hardware/software developers) for quoting purposes
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Requires current enrollment at an accredited school offering Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Analytics, or related degree.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Python, SQL is required.
Must be self-motivated and can function within a project team environment.
Cloud experience preferred.
Interested applications should submit a resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit kohler.csod.com.