Content/Marketing Writer Intern – AbbVie
Who We Are
AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013. Our mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. Our ~48,000 employees are scientists, researchers, communicators, manufacturing specialists, and regulatory experts located around the globe. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health, and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
The AbbVie Innovation Center (AIC), located in the Research Park at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, provides an opportunity for students and organizations throughout AbbVie to collaborate on projects that help advance our science. During the regular fall and spring semesters, this program is designed for students to work 12-15 hours/week in parallel with their school schedule. During the summer, students are expected to work 35-40 hours/week. As part of the “Any Student Anywhere” model, the AIC welcomes students from around the country to apply and work with us.
Company Name: AbbVie
Position Title: Content/Marketing Writer
Status: Undergraduate Hourly
Hours per week: 12 – 15 during the academic year
35 – 40 during the summer semester
This position sits on the Business Technology Solutions Innovation team and will primarily handle communications for AbbVie’s Spark Global Sustainability Program as well as other innovation initiatives.
Major duties include:
- Working collaboratively with the rest of the team to create materials to educate colleagues and promote the Spark program internally such as an end-of-year magazine, email communications, etc.
- Produce written and verbal communication with individuals at all levels of the company, including global employees and higher leadership
- Writing content on SharePoint sites for various innovation programs
- Producing informative and engaging written content and proofreading their work for accuracy and quality.
- Communicating with participants of various innovation programs to answer questions, provide resources, and address any concerns
- Must be registered as a full-time student
- Must be able to commit to a regular schedule during standard business hours (~8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Central Time, Monday-Friday)
- Undergraduate student in Advertising and Journalism, or related fields
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0, or equivalent
- 12 – 15 hours/week during the spring semester and 35-40 hours/week during the summer
- Keen interest in sustainability
- Creative problem solver with the ability to brainstorm ideas and adapt
- Ability to work with a team and collaborate with people of different skillsets
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Proven experience as a copywriter or related role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
- Willingness to learn SharePoint
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- Video editing skills are a plus
- Authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
Note: The position will be hired through a third-party hiring agency and will begin as soon as possible over the current semester with an option to continue through the 2022-23 school year and Summer 2023, subject to funding and performance.
To apply for this job please visit illinois.joinhandshake.com.