Brunswick Corporation Software Developer Intern
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
PLEASE NOTE: Brunswick will never ask you to pay any money to participate in the interview process and will not require that you provide sensitive information such as credit card or bank account information.
We have recently become aware of certain efforts by cyber criminals who are publishing and promoting fake job listings on third party websites, such as Craigslist and Indeed, by pretending to be actual Brunswick employees. To help ensure you don’t fall victim to any of those scams, never disclose sensitive information as mentioned above. All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying to a posted position through https://www.brunswick.com/careers. Only after accepting an offer through this portal will you be asked for SSN and DOB. If you are ever unsure or want to ask any questions, please contact the Brunswick HR Shared Service Center at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.
Software Development Intern
Brunswick i-JET is seeking a passionate and talented software developer to join our Research Park Team in Champaign, IL. As the Software Developer, you will be responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout of IOS and Android apps created at i-JET. Responsibilities include building mobile applications from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up. Architecting layout and function. You should be able to create visually appealing content and function that features user-friendly design and clear navigation.
As the software application intern, you will:
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create app layout/user interface by using standard coding best practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Use design thinking to help create interfaces and experiences
Qualifications of a successful candidate:
- Current enrollment in a BS or MS program in a related field at the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign
- Must be willing and able to work a minimum of 12 hours, per week for the duration of the internship.
- If on a student visa, must be able to obtain CPT work authorization.
- Prior experience in a professional setting: leadership experience, internships, related RSOs
- Knowledge of the following languages:
- Mobile App development experience
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
To apply for this job please visit brunswick.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.