Brunswick Corporation Electrification Intern
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
PLEASE NOTE: Brunswick will never ask you to pay any money to participate in the interview process and will not require that you provide sensitive information such as credit card or bank account information.
We have recently become aware of certain efforts by cyber criminals who are publishing and promoting fake job listings on third party websites, such as Craigslist and Indeed, by pretending to be actual Brunswick employees. To help ensure you don’t fall victim to any of those scams, never disclose sensitive information as mentioned above. All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying to a posted position through https://www.brunswick.com/careers. Only after accepting an offer through this portal will you be asked for SSN and DOB. If you are ever unsure or want to ask any questions, please contact the Brunswick HR Shared Service Center at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.
Brunswick i-Jet is seeking an Electrification Intern to join our Research Park Team in Champaign, Illinois.
As an Electrification Intern, you will work collaboratively and independently with highly qualified engineering professionals who are responsible for the design and development of components and assemblies relating to electric mobility in the marine recreational environment. You will become an integral member of a team committed to delivering superior results. You’ll learn how to work within the engineering team as you own and manage assigned projects from inception to completion.
AS AN ELECTRIFICATION INTERN, YOU WILL:
- Research and investigate emerging technologies in electrification in the marine and mobility industries
- Evaluate and perform benchmark testing of products through simulation and physical evaluation
- Design hardware prototypes – proof of concept electronics, mechanical hardware, and cooling systems
- Analyze concepts and systems through data analysis and simulation
- Work with engineers and technical experts to design electrified vessel concepts and test equipment
QUALIFICATIONS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Current enrollment in an BS/MS program in engineering at the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign
- Must be willing and able to work a minimum of 12 hours, per week for the duration of the internship
- If on a student visa, must be able to obtain CPT work authorization
- Proficiency in delivering quality presentations, reports, documentation and spreadsheets
DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES INCLUDE:
- An interest in electric mobility and a desire to learn
- Aptitude for both electrical and mechanical engineering principles, including thermodynamics
- Experience with Arduino or similar embedded systems
- Experience with control systems or digital communication
- Experience with power supplies, electrical measurement and test equipment
- Familiarity with power electronics, batteries, motors, wiring harnesses or power distribution equipment
- Previous exposure to high voltage electronics or power systems
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
To apply for this job please visit brunswick.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.