Applied Research Institute Grad Hourly Position – Fall 2021
Applied Research Institute
The selected candidate will work closely with the Instructional Designer in Indoor Climate Research & Training as she develops online courses for the Illinois Home Weatherization Assistance Program.
Flexible work hours will be approximately 10 hours per week (sometimes in person), depending upon need.
Wage dependent upon education and experience.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build content in Canvas by using the Canvas templates provided by the Instructional Designer.
- Create interactive materials with Articulate Storyline as provided by the Instructional Designer.
- Translate English video transcript to Spanish or Polish.
- Create self-check, quizzes, or exams in Canvas, as assigned by the instructional designer.
- Use graphics to help design online courses.
- Other duties, as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or closely related field
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or closely related field
- Performed e-learning, instructional design, and development activities
- Assisted in building courses in a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Worked effectively as part of a team
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with learning theories, assessment, and understanding how people learn.
- Familiarity with visual and graphic design
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to handle a wide variety of duties, while meeting deadlines, and presenting quality work
- Interest in, and ability to, acquire new knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Excellent technology skills
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies
- Ability to work in-person, as well as remotely
- Knowledge of Spanish or Polish, preferred
This position will begin Oct.4 and end December 7.
Pay will be $20/hour
Application deadline: 9.24.21