AGCO, Precision Farming Specialist I (CATALYST)
We are looking for someone who is excited about a career in the Precision Ag industry and passionate about providing industry-leading smart farming solutions to sustainably feed our world. AGCO is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural machinery and precision Ag technology driving farmer-focused solutions. This role is part of CATALYST, AGCO’s newly established Rotational Development Program.
CATALYST will offer you three 6 month rotations in the area of sales and marketing over a total of 18 months to build up knowledge about the Precision Ag industry, our product portfolio, and our distribution partners, in addition to essential business and soft skills. Precision Ag is a rapidly growing and innovative field that combines machinery, sensory systems, agronomic science, and data analytics to produce crops that sustainably feed the world.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will have career opportunity in product marketing and field-based Precision Farming sales positions at AGCO. Candidates who apply for this program, should be interested in a long-term career path with AGCO. By joining CATALYST, you will discover the endless career opportunities through a strong foundation of products knowledge, business acumen, and understanding of our customers – farmers.
What you will do (varies by rotation):
- As part of the CATALYST, you will interact and work with other CATALYST trainees from different functions, such as data analytics, engineering, IT, etc., to build up a professional network that will benefit the rest of your career.
- The program also include group development activities, such as facilities tours, customer visits, hands-on farming and machinery experience, continual education, mentorship, professional development workshop, and more
- The role will contribute to our sales, marketing, and product support activities related to Precision Farming solutions, as we look to grow our Precision Ag business 15-20% YoY.
- The successful candidate will be part of a global, customer-centric team of experts who are passionate about educating and consulting farmers on technologies that would tangibly increase their yield and operational efficiency, resulting in higher farming income.
- Responsibilities may vary based on the person’s experience, skillset, and assigned rotations.
- Travel Requirement: <50% for meeting, training, and events during the CATALYST program
What you will bring:
- Associate or Bachelor of Science
- Appreciation and understand of the agriculture industry and farmers
- Fluency in English
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
A plus if you have:
- Degree in Agriculture related majors, such as Ag Engineering, Ag Mechanization, Precision Ag, etc. preferred
- Marketing content creation and assets management
What we offer:
Experience our global diversity and enterprising spirit while helping us create innovative technologies and a positive impact that helps feed the world’s nearly 8 billion people. From the day you decide to join AGCO, we want to engage and excite you and we’re clear on where we want to go as a business and we trust you to help us there. Whether you want to learn a new skill or you aspire to do something different, we can help you develop the skills you need to take your career – and our business – to the next level.
We also invite you to “Make the Most of YOU” – Benefits include: health care and wellness plans, flexible and virtual work options (where available), 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, paid holidays and paid time off, flexible spending accounts, reimbursement for continuing education, company philanthropic programs, company perks programs, and much more…
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, responsibilities or benefits and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.