AbbVie Assistant Office Manager
AbbVie Innovation Center
The Part-Time Student Program at the AbbVie Innovation Center, located in the Research Park, is designed to augment AbbVie’s regular staff, and is for students who are able to work in parallel to their school schedule. This role will be supporting the office manager managing the site.
Major duties include:
- Provide daily oversight for the center and help in the operations of all hiring and onboarding activities for the center.
- Assist the Innovation Center manager in recruiting and leading student teams—within the Innovation Center and around campus—to deliver results on assigned projects.
- Engage in effective hiring, coaching, and leadership of student employees.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring, on-boarding students and maintaining connections on the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign campus.
- Assist in maintaining relationships for research and development work throughout the company.
- Ensure overall development needs of students are met, including career development activities and engage in regular performance dialogues.
- Assist with ongoing project work and special event planning.
- Identify high potential students and advocating for them in terms of securing full-time employment upon graduation.
- Continuously seeking ways to improve and enhance the Part-Time Student Program.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration and presentation skills, along with ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Competent with office technology and productivity tools, e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Creative problem solver with ability to understand larger picture but who will focus on details
- Passion for working with young adults
- Possess strong organizational skills and demonstrated learning agility
- Ability to think strategically
- Self-driven with demonstrated ability to take initiative
Note: The position will be hired through a third-party hiring agency and will begin as soon as possible.
To apply: Submit your resume to Jerome Ng at email@example.com.
Who We Are:
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 25,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
The AbbVie Innovation Center is located in the Research Park at the University of Illinois and provides an opportunity for students and AbbVie’s Research and Development IT group to collaborate on projects to help advance our science.
Learn more about us at: www.abbvie.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org