At Abbott, we’re committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we’ve brought new products and technologies to the world — in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals — that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
We are seeking a University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) student to help modernize complaint handling system. The student will be converting Rocket ware to a web-based solution.
The Student Will Be Responsible For:
· Reviewing current complaint handling domain
· Document requirements for a non-critical quality system software
What We Offer To Our Student Employees:
· Part-time employment with Abbott at UIUC Research Park during academic year
· Minimum of 8-10 hr per week and maximum of 19 hr per week
· Competitive hourly wage commensurate with year in school
· Flexible work schedule Monday to Saturday with 24/7 keycard office access
· Assigned workstation in a modern style office space
· Valuable experience in the global healthcare industry
· Must be currently enrolled as a student at UIUC
· Field of study in computer science or engineering
· Experience with application development languages
· Attention to detail, effective communicator, and excellent verbal/written English language skills
· Self-motivated problem solver that can lead a project from beginning to end
Start Date/Duration: Summer Semester; June-August 2021
Application Deadline: May 7, 2021
Interested in Applying?
Candidates should complete an online application through Workday at www.abbott.com/careers.html under “Search Jobs” use the keywords “Abbott Research Park – Part-Time Student Researcher”. Additionally, candidates should upload their resume to the posting Handshake and ensure their Handshake profile is up to date, as these are the main components of the application.