PSYONIC makes advanced bionic limbs that are accessible to all people with amputations. Their first product was the Ability Hand. It was an advanced bionic hand that was the fastest on the market, easy to control, provided touch feedback, and was robust to impacts. The Ability Hand is an affordable and accessible prosthesis with unique bionic abilities that surpass human capabilities, providing individuals with technology superior to anything else currently on the market. It’s also covered by insurance companies in the US, with no out-of-pocket costs to users, and is the only multi-grip bionic hand Made in the USA.
EnterpriseWorks Tenure: 2015-2022
News & Milestones
- Artificial touch technology restores feeling to prosthetic limbs
- Bionic ‘Ability Hand’ gives amputees their touch back
- PSYONIC Awarded $1 Million by the National Science Foundation
- ChicagoInno: PSYONIC and Insigna Recognized as Moonshot Startups
- PSYONIC to Launch New Advance Prosthetic Device at AOPA 2019
- PSYONIC, featured on Fox Illinois, changing world views on prosthetics
- PSYONIC CEO Named to MIT Technology Review’s 35 Under 35
- Bionic hand aims to help people with limb loss and differences with daily living
- Innovations @ Research Park Podcast Episode with PSYONIC CEO
- EnterpriseWorks Startups PSYONIC, EarthSense, Natrion Win IIN Innovation Awards
PSYONIC moved its headquarters to San Diego, California in 2022.