Chromatin is focused on sorghum, a high-yielding, nutrient-efficient, and drought-tolerant crop that is vital to meeting the world’s growing demand for sustainable agricultural systems and can be cultivated on over 80% of the world’s agricultural land. Chromatin is tapping the tremendous natural biodiversity of sorghum to create new seed products that use resources efficiently and grow on marginal land. These products are enabling farmers worldwide to produce crops optimized for traditional agriculture or for bio-industrial processes that create renewable chemicals, materials, and fuels.
EnterpriseWorks Tenure: 2005-2010
News & Milestones
- Chromatin’s Recent Success Highlighted in Crain’s Chicago Business
- Chromatin Interview on Central Illinois Business Radio Show on WDWS
- Chromatin Furthers Collaboration with Syngenta
- Chromatin Finalist for Biofuels Digest’s Top 30 Most Transformative Technologies of 2010
- Chromatin Signs a Technology Partnership with ACGT
- Chromatin, Inc. Acquires Sorghum Partners, Inc. (SPI) and Milo Genetics, LP
Chromatin was acquired by S&W Seed Company in 2018.