Wednesday, March 4, 2020
University of Illinois Research Park
Don’t miss out on the AgTech event of the year: register today for the next AgTech Summit on March 4, 2020 at the I-Hotel and Conference Center. You can register by clicking here. Registration closes Tuesday, February 25.
Join us to explore how technology solutions are addressing some of the most significant challenges facing agriculture today – and learn about what is on the horizon. One of the premier AgTech hubs in the nation, Champaign-Urbana is uniquely positioned to bring together entrepreneurs, investors, academics, and industry for learning, networking and advancing this sector.
The 2020 AgTech Summit will include panels and discussions on how Big Data is modernizing the agriculture value chain, investment in AgTech, industry leaders on the state of agriculture, and how growers are preparing for future generations. It will include presentations from some of the top agtech startups in the region. The event will conclude with an AgTech Showcase and Networking event from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. immediately following the summit.
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. We will do our best to accommodate your preferences but can not make any guarantees.
Thank you to our generous sponsors who make this event possible.
Digital Disruption in Agriculture: Modernizing the Value Chain
This panel will discuss the latest innovations maximizing data-driven insights in order to enhance producer decision making from season to season. Advancements in artificial intelligence, cloud computing, robotics, and IoT are being integrated to improving productivity and sustainability. It will bring together a broad set of perspectives on how analytics – once a novelty in agriculture – has become ubiquitous in all aspects of the industry
Investment in AgTech: A Maturing Industry?
While still a niche industry in the overall venture capital market, investment in foodtech and agtech startups has grown exponentially since 2012 – reaching $17 billion in 2018, according to AgFunder. This panel of experienced AgTech investors will discuss how the industry continues to “mature”, what technologies are attracting the most interest, why and what they hope to see in return.
Corporations and Collaboration: Industry Leaders on the State of Agriculture
Leading agriculture corporate executives will delve into today’s most pressing challenges, and the variety of ways that digital solutions are shifting the conversation away from just rehashing problems to implementing solutions. This panel will discuss strategies including (but not limited to) collaborations within industry; outsourcing innovation to startups; and partnering with academic institutions to advance their corporate technology portfolios.
Insights from Growers and Producers: Preparing for the Next Generation
Growers are on the “front lines” of bringing farming from the industrial age into the digital age, at a record pace. From land management to machinery to maximizing inputs, growers are not only balancing the need to adapt, but also how to make farming viable for the next generations. Our panel of growers will discuss how they’re navigating labor shortages, climate change and maximizing yields as they adopt new technologies and services.
Wednesday March 4, 2020
7:30 am: Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:00 am: Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Laura Frerichs | Executive Director, University of Illinois Research Park
- Chancellor Robert Jones | Chancellor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
8:10 am: Platinum sponsor remarks
8:25 am: Morning Keynote Address
9:15 am: Company Presentation
9:30 am: Investment in AgTech: A Maturing Industry?
- Moderator: Chris Harbourt | Managing Partner, Hatch Ag Group
- Dennis Beard | Managing Partner, Serra Ventures
- Nancy Sullivan | CEO & Managing Partner, Illinois Ventures
- Dean Didato | Partner, Innova Memphis
- Abby Taubner | Partner, Gener8tor
10:20 am: Break
10:35 am: Company Presentation
10:50 am: Company Presentation
11:05 am: Digital Disruption in Agriculture: Modernizing the Value Chain
- Moderator: Vikram Adve | Co-Director, Center for Digital Agriculture
- Mark Moran | Director, John Deere Technology Innovation Center
- Brandon Dohman | Senior Product Manager, Indigo Agriculture
- John Rahiya | Senior Manager, Business Development Global Fuse at AGCO
- Scott Hermes | Senior Director of Solution Delivery, Kin + Carta
12:00 pm: Lunch Buffet
12:20 pm: Afternoon Kickoff
12:35 pm: Moore Innovation Prize
12:40 pm: Company Presentation
12:55 pm: Afternoon Fireside Chat
- Moderator: Laura Frerichs | Executive Director, University of Illinois Research Park
- Teddy Bekele | Chief Technology Officer, Land O’Lakes
1:30 pm: Break
1:45 pm: Growers and Producers: Preparing for the Next Generation
- Moderator: Holly Spangler | Editor, Prairie Farmer
- Michael Ganschow | Farmer & Co-Owner, Ganschow Farms
- Jake Nims | Agricultural Engineer, Frank & West Environmental Engineers
- Leslie Cooperband | President & Co-owner, Prairie Fruit Farms & Creamery
- Jason Lakey | Farmer, Lakey Farms
- Brian Corkill | Owner, B.A. Farms
- Michael Haag | Past President, Illinois Pork Producers Association
2:45 pm: Company Presentation
3:00 pm: Corporations and Collaboration: Industry Leaders on the State of Agriculture
- Moderator: Dean Kim Kidwell | Dean, University of Illinois College of ACES
- Allen Christian | Senior Vice President & Seed Production Innovation Lead, Bayer Crop Science
- Neal Gutterson | Chief Technology Officer, Corteva Agriscience
- Paul Bloom | Vice President of Process & Chemical Research, ADM
- Aaron Schacht | Vice President of Innovation Regulatory & Business Development, Elanco Animal Health
3:55 pm: Closing Remarks
4:00 pm: AgTech Showcase and Networking Event
*Panels and agenda are subject to change.
Wednesday, March 4, 4:00-5:30 pm
I Hotel and Conference Center, 1900 South First Street, Champaign
Join us for the AgTech Innovation Summit Showcase and Networking Reception. The AgTech Showcase is an opportunity to connect with Research Park companies, discover innovative technologies, and network with industry leaders.
Even if you can’t attend the AgTech Summit, you’re welcome to join us for the AgTech Showcase! This free event is open to the community and will take place immediately following the AgTech Innovation Summit. The AgTech Showcase is an excellent opportunity to see first-hand how technology is affecting the agricultural industry.
Research Park companies interested in showcasing their technology at the AgTech Showcase can register here. Please register by Friday, February 28.
For your convenience, we have reserved a block of rooms at the I Hotel. The rate is $126 per room. You can use the code “AGTECH20” or this direct booking link to reserve rooms at the discounted rate. The cutoff date to reserve rooms at this discount is February 20.
AgTech Summit History
Check out these highlights from our AgTech Innovation Summits of past years.