The Research Park welcomed more than 600 registered participants from 200 companies for the 2023 AgTech Summit. Attendees hailed from across the Midwest and around the globe.
The agenda featured panels on hot topics including sustainability in agriculture, carbon strategy, opportunities in alternative proteins, the future of the agtech workforce, and the intelligent farm. The event concluded with a panel of growers and producers from across Central Illinois sharing their perspective on many of those topics addressed in earlier discussions.
The moderators and panelists represented a range of the actors in agtech, including startups, investors, academics, industry, media, growers, government, and non-profit.
The AgTech Summit is a free event that is open to the public, true to the land-grant mission of its host institution. Thanks to the 2023 AgTech Summit sponsors who made the event possible: John Deere, World Business Chicago, Bayer, Corteva, Cargill, GDM, Sikich, and Kin + Carta.
The AgTech Summit is the flagship event for Champaign-Urbana AgTech Week. 2023 was the fourth annual C-U AgTech Week.
Save the date for next year’s AgTech Summit on Tuesday, March 5, 2024.
7:30 AM REGISTRATION OPENS
8:00 AM WELCOME AND OPENING REMARKS
8:05 AM CHAMPAIGN-URBANA WELCOME WEEK PROCLAMATION
8:15 AM THE JOURNEY OF SUSTAINABILITY
- Brad Arnold | SVP, General Manager Precision, AGCO Corporation
- Paul Hunter | Global Sustainability Manager, Kin + Carta
- Emily Heaton | Regenerative Ag Stakeholder Coordinator, UIUC College of ACES
- Moderator: Kim Kidwell | Associate Chancellor for Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives, University of Illinois Urbana – Champaign
9:15 AM OPPORTUNITIES IN ALTERNATIVE PROTEINS
- Michelle Ruiz | CEO & Co-founder, Hyfe
- Sean Madison | Director of North American Business Development, Innovafeed
- Michael Tai | Co-founder & CEO, Boston Bioprocess
- Moderator: Jack Marck | Managing Director, Illinois AgTech Accelerator
10:15 AM BREAK
10:30 AM CARBON STRATEGY IN AGTECH
- Dennis Beard | Managing Partner, Serra Ventures
- Nick Reinke | CEO, HabiTerre
- Ross Bricklemyer | Modeling Strategy Lead, Bayer Crop Science
- Moderator: Lisa Ainsworth | Research Leader, USDA ARS
11:30 AM GLEN “GB” BRANDT PRIZE FOR AG ENTREPRENEURISM
11:45 AM LUNCH
12:30 PM THE FUTURE OF THE AGTECH WORKFORCE
- Laura Gerstner | Director of Precision Tech Enterprise Program Management, CNHI
- Maggie Brickerman | Partner, gener8tor
- Jen Quinlan | Food & Agtech Innovation Program Lead, Cargill
- Amy Funk | Director, Jackie Joyner Kersee Foundation, Agriculture and Nutrition Innovation Center
- Moderator: Amy Fruehling | Sr. Director Corporate Relations, UIUC College of ACES
1:30 PM MOORE INNOVATION PRIZE AND STARTUP PRESENTATION
1:45 PM BREAK
2:00 PM THE INTELLIGENT FARM
- Brian Sutton | Founder and President, AirScout
- Mark Moran | Tech Innovation Leader, John Deere
- Connie Bowen | Co-Founder, Farmhand Ventures
- Jeff Klock | North America Digital Strategy Leader, Cargill
- Moderator: Germán Bollero, Interim Dean, UIUC College of ACES
3:00 PM PERSPECTIVE OF GROWERS & PRODUCERS
- Mark Scholl | President, J and M Scholl, Inc.
- Lena Head | Co-Owner & External Relations Manager, Head Bros. Land and Cattle LLC
- Matt Riggs | President, Riggs Beer Company
- Moderator: Sarah Michaels | Agriculture Reporter, WEEK 25
4:00 AGTECH SHOWCASE & NETWORKING RECEPTION
You’re invited to join us for the AgTech Showcase & Networking event immediately following the Summit at the Illinois Conference Center. The AgTech Showcase is an opportunity to connect with other attendees and see what innovations companies are working on. Snacks and beverages will be provided.