Save The Date: The 2024 Block Party will be on Thursday, September 5!
Thank you to everyone who came out to network, meet companies, and learn more about the Research Park’s year-round internship opportunities and full-time job options on August 31, 2023. We had over 1,500 students attend our 2023 Block Party event. The annual Block Party gives students a chance to interact with Research Park employers in an informal setting.
Companies In Attendance at the 2023 Block Party
- Abbott Laboratories
- AbbVie Innovation Center
- ADM Science and Technology Center
- AGCO Acceleration Center
- Ameren Innovation Center
- Brunswick i-Jet Lab
- Capital One Digital Campus Lab
- Cargill Innovation Lab at UIUC
- Caterpillar Champaign Innovation Center
- CME Group Innovation Center
- COUNTRY Financial DigitaLab
- Electric Power Engineers
- GDM Seeds
- Illinois Department of Transportation
- John Deere Technology Innovation Center
- Motorola Solutions
- MS Bioanalytical
- Panasonic Connect
- Puzzle Labs
- State Farm Research and Development Center
- Synchrony Emerging Technology Center
- Technology Entrepreneur Center
View the Block Party Employer Booklet for information about what hiring companies are looking for.
This event is held outside on the Atkins Building lawn and patio, behind the building located at 1800 S. Oak Street. The patio faces First Street and the I-Hotel and Conference Center.
FAQs about the Research Park Block Party
1. What is the University of Illinois Research Park?
The Research Park at the University of Illinois is a leading technology hub that cultivates startups and accelerates corporate innvation. Located on the southern part of campus and situated in a park-like setting, it has 18 buildings with offices, labs, and more.
2. How many companies are located within the Research Park?
The Research Park is home to over 120+ different companies and growing.
3. How many student interns are employed at Research Park?
Over 800 student interns work gaining valuable experiences and making real contributions to companies within the Research Park.
4. Do Research Park companies hire freshmen?
Yes, the University of Illinois Research Park employs freshmen to PhD students.
5. What majors do companies withn the Research Park hire?
The intersection of multiple skill sets and talents is highly valued by Research Park companies. Check out our job board for more info and to apply.