The University of Illinois EDA University Center specializes in providing support for incubation, entrepreneurship, and technology-based economic development projects in Illinois with a primary focus on serving downstate communities. The Center provides support and programming for existing incubator development, growth, and expansion of resources throughout Illinois with priority focus on expanding entrepreneurship capacity, programming, services, and resources for technology-driven businesses.
- Small Business Assistance for qualified entrepreneurs through the Shared Services program. This assists entrepreneurs with short-term projects related to marketing, business development, branding, and communications.
- Expertise from the University of Illinois Department of Urban Planning and EnterpriseWorks incubator to provide assistance to communities seeking to strengthen their entrepreneurial ecosystem and add resources for startup companies. Assistance can be in the form of site visits, sharing of best practices from other comparable communities, and feasibility planning for new programs.
Types of Projects
- Company name search
- Defined market research and assessment
- Logo design and visual branding
- Pitch deck review
- Social media strategy review
- Website development
- An incubator
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- International Trade Center (ITC)
- Illinois University Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
- University of Illinois Extension Offices
View recent projects completed through this program.
Cheri coordinates projects related to the EDA funded programs.