The University of Illinois Economic Development Association (EDA) University Center exists to promote and foster entrepreneurship in Illinois south of Interstate-80. The program’s mission is to create a growing pipeline of long-term innovative and vibrant business activity within the region through entrepreneur education, startup assistance, incubation, and growth support and investment. Small businesses south of I-80 can tap into this resource and have access to project assistance. Additionally, projects should have a referral partner within the defined geographic, downstate region.
- Small Business Assistance for qualified entrepreneurs through the Shared Services program. This assists entrepreneurs with short-term projects related to marketing, business development, branding, and communications.
- Expertise from the University of Illinois Department of Urban Planning and EnterpriseWorks incubator to provide assistance to communities seeking to strengthen their entrepreneurial ecosystem and add resources for startup companies. Assistance can be in the form of site visits, sharing of best practices from other comparable communities, and feasibility planning for new programs.
Types of Projects
- Company name search
- Defined market research and assessment
- Logo design and visual branding
- Pitch deck review
- Social media strategy review
- Website development
- An incubator
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- International Trade Center (ITC)
- Illinois University Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
- University of Illinois Extension Offices
View recent projects completed through this program.
Cheri coordinates projects related to the EDA funded programs.