Re-Opening Plans & Resources: EnterpriseWorks and Research Park
Research Park Guidance for Re-Opening
The Research Park has created a guide for re-opening to help companies with planning for a phased return to work.
- Students working at companies in the Research Park are subject to the rules of the employer.
- All employees working in the EnterpriseWorks Incubator are subject to campus guidelines for University buildings and safety oversight that DRS reviews with companies with labs.
- UIUC Division of Research Safety COVID Training: All employees should complete health and safety training related to COVID-19 when initially returning to work. If your company doesn’t provide this, please consider using the UIUC Division of Research Safety COVID training. This training is available to all employees of Research Park and EnterpriseWorks companies.
Phase IV of the Restore Illinois Plan: Guidance Released
The State of Illinois will enter Phase IV of the Restore Illinois plan as of June 26. On June 22, the state released updated guidelines for how companies can operate safely and strategically as they bring more employees back to their offices. Some highlights:
- Offices may operate at maximum occupancy of 50% of office capacity. Capacity restrictions will be reassessed based on the latest science and public health metrics on an ongoing basis throughout Phase IV.
- Employees should wear face coverings over their nose and mouth when within 6 feet of others (cloth masks preferred). Exceptions may be made where accommodations are appropriate – see IDHR’s guidance.
- Social distance of at least 6 feet should be maintained between non-household individuals unless participating in activities permitted under Phase IV guidelines.
Safe Practices for Re-Opening: Free Signage and Masks Available for All Research Park Buildings and Offices
The Research Park has created free templates for Research Park offices addressing safety issues:
- See this link for free Research Park signs available for download and use in office and common areas.
- Printed signs are now available for pickup at EnterpriseWorks from 9 am to 2 pm (M-F).
- The Research Park has purchased cloth-washable masks, which are available for free for Research Park employees. They are available at EnterpriseWorks by the east entrance or larger quantities can be requested through our team.
- Please contact us with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus Reopening: Detailed Plans Available
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has made public its plans for returning to on-campus operations. Implementation of these plans will continue to involve careful consultation of public health expertise. More information is available HERE.
Champaign County Safe: Take the Pledge Here
A coalition of local organizations and municipalities launched an online resource to help Champaign County businesses as they progress through the next stages of the state’s Restore Illinois plan. Research Park and EnterpriseWorks companies are invited to join the pledge. More here.
COVID-19 Funding Options
State of Illinois Small Business Grant Resources
- Illinois Emergency Small Business Grants and Loans Assistance
- State Treasurer’s Small Business COVID-19 Relief Program
- Small Business Adminstration’s Paycheck Protection Program
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan
- COVID Research Grants (US and Intl)
- US Department of Treasury CARES Act
- Department of Health and Human Services Administrative Supplements Funds
COVID-19 Programming Recaps
The Research Park and EnterpriseWorks staff are working hard to maintain the services we provide to clients under normal circumstances, finding creative methods along the way. We want to ensure you have the tools you need to navigate this ever-changing landscape. Although our staff will continue to work from home for the foreseeable future, we are available via phone, email and videoconference. Find the staff directory HERE.
- Research Park Events and Meetups
- Startup and Small Business Resources
- Hiring, Remote Work, and Employment During COVID-19
- EnterpriseWorks: Information for Tenants and Affiliates
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Other Champaign County Small Business Resources
- State of Illinois Small Business Grant Resources
- Federal/National Resources
Research Park Events and Meetups
Please check our ONLINE CALENDAR daily for updates regarding events and how to access them. The University is following State of Illinois guidance on gatherings, so no summer events will be held until the statewide stay-at-home directive expires.
Startup and Small Business Resources Continue via EnterpriseWorks Programs
- Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR) assistance is available to aid small businesses trying to navigate challenging times. Request assistance to meet virtually with one of our EIRs. A sample of topics they can address:
- Managing cash flow, accounting and financial management strategies, including loans and other resources.
- Human resources and employment challenges
- Supply chain disruptions
- Communication strategies
- The Founders 2 Founders (F2F) program helps CEOs navigate difficult business decisions (launched in Fall 2019). This is facilitated by EIR Lori Patterson to match CEOs and build one-to-one relationships. To be a part of this program, please contact Lori Patterson (email@example.com).
- SBIR Technical Consulting continues. Roland Garton and Anna Lisa Somera are available for individual SBIR consulting. Request a virtual appointment with either one of them here. There is a lot of emergency funding available to fight COVID-19.
- EnterpriseWorks interns want to keep working! Startups can still request short-term projects from our team of talented Shared Services interns.
Hiring, Remote Work, and Employment During COVID-19
- Remote Work Best Practices for students, professionals and others
- Job Search Strategies During COVID-19-RIR Workshop with Sophie Roney
- COVID-19’s Effect on Tech Recruiting – RIR Workshop with Sophie Roney
EnterpriseWorks: Information for Tenants and Affiliates
EnterpriseWorks continues to be open and available to tenants and affiliates with keycard access on a 24/7 basis.
- The building is open from 9 am to 2 pm, Monday-Friday to allow couriers and USPS to make deliveries. If you have concerns about access to the building, please contact Jim Wells or Cynthia Faullin
- Staff members are visiting EnterpriseWorks almost every day to walk the building, sort mail, and deliver parcels to tenants.
- Building Service Workers continue to clean surfaces in common areas and empty trash from the kitchen and tenant spaces as needed.
- Conference Rooms are still accessible and available to tenants and affiliates, but please use common sense regarding social distancing. Please continue to make requests.
- If you happen to be in the building and notice anything amiss please contact Jim Wells or Cynthia Faullin immediately. We appreciate you helping us to keep an eye on things.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Resources
- Coping with COVID-19 Toolkit
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign’s Covid 19 website
- The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation has issued guidance regarding the status of University of Illinois research facilities.
- Faculty/Staff Assistance Services are available to EnterpriseWorks/Research Park companies virtually or by phone. Feel free to contact FSAS at at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217.244.5312. Allied agencies have access to FSAS.
Champaign County Resources
- Champaign Urbana Small Business Development Center
- Champaign County Chamber of Commerce
- Champaign County Safe
- Champaign-Urbana Public Health District
- Champaign County Coronavirus Response website
- OSF Healthcare’s Silvercloud
State of Illinois Business Resources
- SSTI resources for small business dealing with COVID-19
- Center for American Entrepreneurship (CAE) Policy Responses
- National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) Response to COVID-19
- White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) Information Exchange
- Alice COVID-19 Business Center
- CO.STARTERS General Recovery Guide for Small Businesses
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development
- COVID-19 High Performance Computing Consortium
- Department of Energy Coronavirus Research Resources
- Office of Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority
- National Science Foundation’s coronavirus resource page
- CDC Emotional Health Resources
Want to add something to this list? Contact Laura Bleill (email@example.com).