Covid-19 Response: Business Impact and Assistance
EnterpriseWorks and Research Park at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
If you have questions about services, resources, or locating in the Research Park or EnterpriseWorks, please contact Laura Bleill (email@example.com).
Guidance on Masking: July 30, 2021 Update
- All university students, faculty, staff and visitors must wear a face covering in university spaces indoors, regardless of vaccination status. For unvaccinated individuals, university face covering requirements remain the same.
- For all individuals, a face covering does not have to be worn when eating or drinking, when alone in an office or room with the door closed or when alone in a vehicle—essentially, when you are alone in a private space.
- This requirement is limited to face coverings only. There are no new social distancing or capacity restrictions at this time.
- Note that these rules only apply to EnterpriseWorks in the Research Park; other buildings and companies may have their own policies and procedures.
Research Park Guidance for Safe Operations
- Students working at companies in the Research Park are subject to the rules of the employer.
- All employees working in the EnterpriseWorks Incubator are subject to campus guidelines for University buildings and safety oversight that DRS reviews with companies with labs.
- The Research Park has created a guide to help companies with planning for a phased return to work.
- UIUC Division of Research Safety COVID Training: All employees should complete health and safety training related to COVID-19 when initially returning to work. If your company doesn’t provide this, please consider using the UIUC Division of Research Safety COVID training. This training is available to all employees of Research Park and EnterpriseWorks companies.
- Illinois Community Safety Pledge. Learn what you can do to keep the Illinois family safe, and take the Illinois Community Pledge. The pledge is a voluntary* way to show your Illinois family that you care. (This pledge is for individuals. See the Champaign County Safe pledge below.)
Keeping UIRP Safe: Free Signage and Masks Available for All Research Park Buildings and Offices, Sign the
The Research Park has created free templates for Research Park offices addressing safety issues:
- See this link for free Research Park signs available for download and use in office and common areas.
- Printed signs are available for pickup at EnterpriseWorks Monday-Friday.
- Cloth-washable masks and reusable masks are available for free for Research Park employees. They are available at EnterpriseWorks by the east entrance or larger quantities can be requested through our team.
- What to do if an Employee Tests Positive: Guidance from Champaign Urbana Public Health District available here.
- Please contact us with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vaccines and the Workplace: What You Should Know
Vaccines are widely available in Champaign County. The CUPHD website includes a dashboard with indicators about local vaccine distribution, and robust information about the vaccine.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign COVID-19 Resources
The University of Illinois has a robust resource providing information on its plans to maximize the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and university community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Find the University’s COVID-19 plans and policies HERE.
Free COVID-19 Testing Available to the Community
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign provides free on-campus COVID-19 walk-up testing to all faculty members, staff and students. More info on testing is available HERE. https://covid19.illinois.edu/health-and-support/on-campus-covid-19-testing/
Through SHIELD CU, free testing is now available to all.
Champaign County Safe: Take the Pledge Here
A coalition of local organizations and municipalities launched an online resource to help Champaign County businesses through issues related to the pandemic. Research Park and EnterpriseWorks companies are invited to join the pledge. More here.
COVID-19 Programming Recaps
NOTE: Much of this information was relevant in 2020. As of summer 2021, we are providing resources much in the same fashion as pre-pandemic.
Research Park and EnterpriseWorks staff are working hard to maintain the services we provide to clients under normal circumstances, finding creative methods along the way. We want to ensure you have the tools you need to navigate this ever-changing landscape. Find the staff directory HERE.
- Research Park Events and Meetups
- Startup and Small Business Resources
- Hiring, Remote Work, and Employment During COVID-19
- EnterpriseWorks: Information for Tenants and Affiliates
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Other Champaign County Small Business Resources
- State of Illinois Small Business Grant Resources
- Federal/National Resources
Research Park Events and Meetups
Startup and Small Business Resources Continue via EnterpriseWorks Programs
- Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR) assistance is available to aid small businesses trying to navigate challenging times. Request assistance to meet virtually with one of our EIRs. A sample of topics they can address:
- Managing cash flow, accounting and financial management strategies, including loans and other resources.
- Human resources and employment challenges
- Supply chain disruptions
- Communication strategies
- The Founders 2 Founders (F2F) program helps CEOs navigate difficult business decisions (launched in Fall 2019). This is facilitated by EIR Lori Patterson to match CEOs and build one-to-one relationships. To be a part of this program, please contact Lori Patterson (email@example.com).
- SBIR Technical Consulting continues. Roland Garton and Anna Lisa Somera are available for individual SBIR consulting. Request a virtual appointment with either one of them here. There is a lot of emergency funding available to fight COVID-19.
- EnterpriseWorks interns want to keep working! Startups can still request short-term projects from our team of talented Shared Services interns.
Hiring, Remote Work, and Employment During COVID-19
- Remote Work Best Practices for students, professionals and others
- Job Search Strategies During COVID-19-RIR Workshop with Sophie Roney
- COVID-19’s Effect on Tech Recruiting – RIR Workshop with Sophie Roney
EnterpriseWorks: Information for Tenants and Affiliates
EnterpriseWorks continues to be open and available to tenants and affiliates with keycard access on a 24/7 basis.
- The building is now open regular hours. If you have concerns about access to the building, please contact Jim Wells.
- Research Park staff members are working out of EnterpriseWorks daily, but with limited hours.
- Building Service Workers continue to clean surfaces in common areas and empty trash from the kitchen and tenant spaces as needed.
- Conference Rooms are still accessible and available to tenants and affiliates, but please use common sense regarding social distancing. Please continue to make requests.
- If you are in the building and notice anything amiss please contact Jim Wells immediately.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Mental Health Resources
- Coping with COVID-19 Toolkit
- Faculty/Staff Assistance Services are available to EnterpriseWorks/Research Park companies virtually or by phone. Feel free to contact FSAS at at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217.244.5312. Allied agencies have access to FSAS.
Champaign County Resources
- Champaign Urbana Small Business Development Center
- Champaign County Chamber of Commerce
- Champaign County Safe
- Champaign-Urbana Public Health District
- Champaign County Coronavirus Response website
- OSF Healthcare’s Silvercloud
State of Illinois Business Resources
- SSTI resources for small business dealing with COVID-19
- Center for American Entrepreneurship (CAE) Policy Responses
- National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) Response to COVID-19
- White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) Information Exchange
- Alice COVID-19 Business Center
- CO.STARTERS General Recovery Guide for Small Businesses
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development
- COVID-19 High Performance Computing Consortium
- Department of Energy Coronavirus Research Resources
- Office of Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority
- National Science Foundation’s coronavirus resource page
- CDC Emotional Health Resources
Want to add something to this list? Contact Laura Bleill (email@example.com).