Synchrony Emerging Technology Intern (Business, Marketing, Consulting) – Summer 2021
Synchrony Emerging Technology Center
Are you looking to get a critical jump start on a career in Business? The Synchrony Emerging Technology Center located at UIUC’s Research Park focuses on advancing our internal capabilities in artificial intelligence, data science, and other emerging technology domains to create long-term value for our customers. The interns in the program will work closely with our Innovation Station and SMEs to deliver projects for our business stakeholders. Projects can range across multiple disciplines such as basic market and technology research, big data analytics, proof-of-concept creation, data visualization, and software development. When you’re here, you’re part of the team and we’ll expect you to help us raise the bar—and clear it.
BUSINESS ETC INTERNSHIP:
In the Business ETC Internship at Synchrony, you’ll work closely with our teams to identify and implement breakthrough changes.
- Work on specialized projects to help Synchrony further our capabilities in Technology, Data, Enterprise Operations, and more.
- Work within Agile teams to perform discovery, prioritize work, and identify opportunities to make large-scale changes.
- Provide project support, road-mapping, reporting, and training and development.
- Provide a flexible, can-do mindset that will adjust to new projects quickly and help execute key initiatives within the organization.
The internship will be spent working side by side with Synchrony teams where you will apply your knowledge to complete challenging projects. Exposure to these real-life projects will accelerate your career and develop your skills in a cutting-edge global environment.
- Passion and aptitude for technology
- Strong technical and analytical skills, coupled with sharp business acumen
- Ability to work in teams effectively
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and strong analytical and problem solving skills; strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Passion for excellence with high integrity, and commitment to quality
- Must be registered as a full-time student at the University of Illinois
- Excellent academic record – Minimum overall 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must be willing to commit to 40 hours per week during summer break.
- Must be able to work all hours during a typical workday (8am – 5pm CT, M-F)
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- You must be 18 years or older
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.